The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday i coughed up the cash and ordered the dpf delete and tuner with 40/120/210. Any recomendations on whitch tune to pull my camper with. 30' toyhauler, probabally over 10k when loaded. We pull over some prety extreem grades going over the beartooth mtns in montana. Is there a stock tune with the dpf delete in case things start getting hot.

Attachments

·
1,077 Posts
You can pull that trailer with the 210 all day long. Wade pulls his 42' toy hauler with the 210. 18500lbs loaded.

Reactions: MT ROUGHNECK

·
33 Posts
I pull my 15,500# 5th wheel over the mountains here in Washington using the 210, just got to use your head and not try to over due it, you will be fine with the 210.

·
Spartan, True Performance
411 Posts
Yesterday i coughed up the cash and ordered the dpf delete and tuner with 40/120/210. Any recomendations on whitch tune to pull my camper with. 30' toyhauler, probabally over 10k when loaded. We pull over some prety extreem grades going over the beartooth mtns in montana. Is there a stock tune with the dpf delete in case things start getting hot.
Why did you get the 40, and 120?? I would have gotten the 75, and 150 or 175. They should pull anything you need to tow....

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Why did you get the 40, and 120?? I would have gotten the 75, and 150 or 175. They should pull anything you need to tow....
that was my question also. I have the 75, 150 and 210. They will all pull great.

·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
40/120 and 210 were recomended by the shop i bought it from. Maybe i'll see if its not to late to change it. It still hasnt been shipped.

·
Ultra Member
652 Posts
I got the 75, 150, 210, and 275. Never loaded the 75, or 150. 210 was in my truck for about a day, haha. Post some more pics of your rig though, looks good.

·
2,126 Posts
75/150/210 seem to be the most popular tunes to have. The 40/120 are kind of inbetween tunes that no one talks about. The 150 is specifically designed with towing in mind Matt said.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I reccomend to my customer 40 150 and 250. This way you have a varitey of tunes to use. The 250 is included in our price package and is not extra.

·
773 Posts
You'll be fine with the 210. I pull my trailer with it and the 275. The only time I din't use the 275 is if I'm gonna be going down roads with steep grades where I can't maintain speed to keep air flow to the coolers, and thats when the 210 comes into play.

EDIT: Nice truck, could you post more pics, I would like to see the wheel and tire set up. Also do you have a leveling kit?

·
2,126 Posts
I reccomend to my customer 40 150 and 250. This way you have a varitey of tunes to use. The 250 is included in our price package and is not extra.
Ahh IC, the 40/150/250 is a good deal and Dfuser (Bill?) for sure knows what he is talking about. :thumbsup

·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the input, i got a hold of the dealer and changed my tunes to 75/150/210, said it shouldnt be a problem. My 6.0 had me spooked though. Spent way too much in injectors and had to replace the tranny, i dont want something thats gona crater, but it looks like most everyone has good luck with spartan. Here are a few more pics. Wheels are xd series with 35 x 12.5 with a leveling kit (that isnt quite level). Gona put air bags under it to make up the difference.

Attachments

·
773 Posts
Thanks for the extra pics, do your tires rub anywhere?

·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ya, they do rub slightly when i turn to the left, but the 2.5" leveling kit doesnt rub with 35 x 12.5 skins on stock wheels.i've got a buddy with the same leveling kit and tires but runs stock wheels and his dont rub anywher.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Spartan will be the best decision your truck has ever seen. Trust me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts