The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
1,606 Posts
I'm still on the fence whether to order or not. Let us know how you like it....

·
Ultra Member
652 Posts
fine69, how can you be on the fence? It is about the best thing you can do to your truck. Go ahead and do it, you will not regret it at all. By the way, do you have any pictures of your billet grill?

·
1,606 Posts
I'm only holding off cause my Wife is pregnant with our first child, so I'm slowly saving up the money. I don't have any pics of the grille yet, I'll get some and post 'em.

·
21 Posts
I thought I read on a thread that there was going to be some christmas specials? Money is tight everywhere !!!

·
Texas Member
678 Posts
I'm only holding off cause my Wife is pregnant with our first child, so I'm slowly saving up the money. I don't have any pics of the grille yet, I'll get some and post 'em.
congrats!!!
my daughter was born in feb, fatherhood pretty cool i cant imagine life without her whiney lil butt. dont sweat it the expense is not that bad
except formula- that tics me off everytime, $28 is nuts for a canister of powdered milk :damnit

Reactions: fine69

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No excuse bro, My girls gonna pop in something like 3 weeks!

·
190 Posts
I just purchased the entire package as well. Did the upgrade on the intake and exhaust AFE and purchased the TCM as well. When I get home it will hopefully be waiting for me to install. Will post how well the install went when all is done. Great Christmas present.

·
TEXAS FIGHT
290 Posts
I daily drive on the 250 tune, trans feels good, good power...

I wouldn't DD on the 310 mainly bc of the transmission (not bc of the touchy throttle). I want to see how much longevity I can get on this setup. I drive about 30K miles a year, and 3 with the spartan stuff on it. No issues as of yet. Knock on wood!!

·
Texas Member
678 Posts

·
TDG #97
1,234 Posts
I hear the tcm + 310 is really rough on the transmission, be safe with it.
I dont know where you heard that... But I have been around here a long time and havent heard a thing along those lines. The 310 is tough on the tranny WITHOUT the TCM... With the TCM its a whole different story!

Add a set of traction bars you got yourself damn near stock longevity unless you beat the **** out of your truck constantly.

·
TEXAS FIGHT
290 Posts
so you're saying, it is terrible on it, unless he buys the traction bars.

well, i didn't see traction bars on his list for one, and 2 years on an internet forum isn't that long LOL. Now if you had a 2005 or early join date, i would take this into consideration (but i don't know how long this forum has been around)

·
Hadley Coal Roller
819 Posts
the site crashed a while back so alot of people lost their join date

edit: didnt look close. looks like its right. 2 years is quite a bit considering all the information transfered throgh here daily.

·
TEXAS FIGHT
290 Posts
I understand all that, I was one of the 3 adminstrators of one of the largest forums on the internet (LS1/fbody/corvette forum) that has been around since 2000.

some people have heard of it, it is called www.ls1tech.com. Hard to say 2 years is a lot when you have been on a forum for 8 years and the countless amount information.

·
TEXAS FIGHT
290 Posts
anyways, back on topic though!

good luck to the TS, I just wanted to throw in my .02 about keeping in mind the longevity/durability of the stock transmission :eek:

EDIT:

some pics when I was installing the parts on my truck LOL! make you giddy to get those parts on!!

(i was using my good friends garage, the owner of ls1tech and planetlsx.com..... those are just a few of his cars :eek: )

1 - 20 of 30 Posts