The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Giggity Giggity
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck died last weekend, went out and bought a new IP from FBD, put it on today, and the truck still wont fire. It is still pulling codes p1688 and p1689. Could it be an ECM or (if there is one) injector pump relay? Kinda pissed I blew the $1200 on a new ip and it didnt fix it but I guess its insurance and I feel safer about bombing it now. Any help, as always, is greatly appreciated.

And for those that dont know:
P1688
Internal Fuel Injection Pump Controller Failure

P1689
No Communication Between ECM & Injection Pump Module

-Greg

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
Strictly gravy said:
And for those that dont know:
P1688
Internal Fuel Injection Pump Controller Failure

P1689
No Communication Between ECM & Injection Pump Module

-Greg
I would double check the pins in the connectors to be sure none of them are damaged or dirty... You might pull the connector on the ECM and check the plug as well for damage...

·
Giggity Giggity
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do have a Banks Big Hoss Chip in there. I am going to try and find the wiring schematics on that to take it back to stock to see if the chip up and quit.

Just put the electric FP gauge on and got 11.6 PSI with the pump primed. Still not running. Thanks for all the help guys.

·
Registered
69 Posts
did you check everythang? the one thang alot of people i see do is they dont bleed the air out the lines. Does the engine turn over? If it does try resetting the computer. Make sure that you are even getting fuel to the ip. i always tellpeople to check the obvious first. I know that when i changed my pump i had a hard time starting it. i just went back and blead all the fuel lines againto make sure all the air was out and after i did that it started right up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts