The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Administrator
12,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
94K on the clock.

14.8 MPG hand calculated using the mileage from my GPS. 458.8 miles traveled and 30.98 Gallons used. Mostly highway driving (around 70-75mph).

My DIC is almost dead on with the gallons used (it showed 30.4), but the mileage was off, I am going to guess it's because the tires since the DIC only showed 425 miles driven.

I have not been using Schaeffer's Fuel Add. for a few months, and started using it again this fill up, I am curious to see what kind of differences if any I will notice.

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
Thats not bad at all for a dually driving that fast. Be interested to see what the fuel additive does.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
gah, i was getting 15mpg this weekend..... i think this thing is getting pretty crappy mileage, but im not really worried about it lol, didnt buy this thing for mileage

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
according to the DIC i get about 15 around town and i think 17ish on the highway....but i havnt hand calculated it.

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
I only get 13 MPG 100% stop/go traffic ambient load 8,200lbs fairly heavy foot. No highway mileage. I can't imagine what I'd do on the highway. Gotta think 17+. 100% stock.

·
Crazy Cooter!
169 Posts
Fordt thats quote is from an awsome song!

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
I only get 13 MPG 100% stop/go traffic ambient load 8,200lbs fairly heavy foot. No highway mileage. I can't imagine what I'd do on the highway. Gotta think 17+. 100% stock.
you must drive like me!! LOL i usually get 13 hand calulated:fan but i drive like a gad damned maniacLOL

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
I think it's my loaded utility body costing me ~1 MPG. You look at how hard these engineers try to design these trucks to eek out another 1/10th MPG, then we go and put utility bodies, lift kits, big tires and ruin all that. LOL

I know my all terrain tires cost me another ~1/2 MPG.

·
resident mason
343 Posts
13.8 is all i get on avg. Best ever on highway's been 16. I wonder how much is due to chip. All I run is the Predator. You think PPE or EFI would get better milage?

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
taking your foot out of it will net you the biggest gain in mileage... LOL :haha

·
resident mason
343 Posts
Yeah might help some but it doesn't really make a diff if I baby it or pound the living s#[email protected] outta it that's what I get. I actually get slightly better mpg's stock, no tune, but who wants that?LOL

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
that the same with me, if i ran it like a grandpa all the time i might get good mileage, but i get bored going slow and accelerating slowly, i have to mash it and hear the exhaust roar LOL

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
PPE and EFI are both good. if you keep your foot off of it both of them should yield better MPG. from what ive heard atleast

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
and how exactly do you keep out of it when its tuned? LOL :haha

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
yea my mileage just hit the crapper... -30c(about -20f) idle time and cold engine warm up and im just burning through the fuel

·
182 Posts
That made me think, I bet the fuel I got here in NC is the winter blend. :damnit
I don't think NC is on the winter blend yet, I haven't noticed a drop in mileage. When I drove up to ohio 2 weeks ago I dropped by 2 mpg on the ohio fuel.

I've been tweaking my LBZ mileage tune for my truck. I averaged 20.8 from NC to DC, then 20.3 from DC to NE Ohio. While I was there I adjusted the timing a little more and dropped to 18 mpg (winter fuel).

When I got back to NC I found out both of my front wheel hubs were shot. I changed them both and now with the new mileage tune I'm thinking I'm getting about 20mpg based on how many miles I've made it on this tank so far. I'll know for sure numbers tomorrow when I fill up. But normally I only get about 260-280 miles till I drop to 1/4 tank driving locally around NC and I'm sitting at 320 now and just hit 1/4 tank. I normally run walmart's marine 2 stroke oil and notice a 1 mpg drop when I don't use it. I haven't run it for the last couple of tanks b/c I ran out. So I can't wait to see what it can do now.

I'll be driving up to DC friday so I'll get to see how it does on the highway with the wheel hubs fixed and the new tune. I just hope we don't switch to winter fuel.

Any other LBZ user's on here running EFI live?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts