The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just turned 60k on the truck I think its a gen 1(built 07/07). Everytime I take off from a stop light the truck blows alittle black smoke and when I get on it throws a nice cloud of smoke.(just like my 6.0, normal to me) Just wondering if the stock 6.4 should do this. I have not tuned the truck yet. Also when in regen for the first five minutes I get alot of blue smoke then it clears up. I changed the fuel filters this weekend and the lower one did not stop leaking fuel this is my 5th change and it never did that before. Is there a check vavle in the filter housing? Could it be stuck open?
Thanks

·
606 Posts
Could be a cracked DPF. It is under warranty. Your exhaust pipes should be fairly clean. If it is cracked it will only get worst.

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The truck is still under warranty. If its cracked are you talking about the internals of the DPF? My pipes are black and it also leaves black soot on my rear bumper. I will bring it in but I bet I will get the same old B.S. I and everbody else gets, telling me its normal.

·
606 Posts
The DPF will be cracked internally. Take it to the dealer, and make sure you get all the paper work, even if they give you some BS about it. If they do take it to another dealer. The DPF has ceramic in it. Once it starts to crack it will only get worse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts