The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a steal on a 2000 F-350 7.3l psd, 6 speed manual, supercab, and 55k miles for just $16K. So I'm getting ready to order a MBRP pro series t-304 stainless exhaust, and I'm looking at a set of gauges. What I'd like help with is the tuner/ chip and what intake system would work best. Currently on the tuner side I'm leaning toward the Elite Diesel custom-tuner 6 position chip. On the intake side I'm leaning toward the AFE stage 2 intake with the pro guard filter, The stage 2 looks like it would flow more than the stage 1. i'd like to hear anything anyone has to say. This is my first diesel and I'm very excited about building this truck up and I want to do it right the first time to save money on trying products that dont work well. Thanks for any input.

·
459 Posts
Sounds like you are going in the right direction. Im not familiar with the Elite Diesel chips, i have Jody Tiptons DP-Tuner chip, excellent prgramming. Ungodly power with it. I have had both the AFE Stage 1 and Stage 2 intakes and the Stage 2 is by far way above the Stage 1. Dont waste your money with the Stage 1, go big or go home!!!
U can Contact Dennis at ITPDiesel and ask him about DP-Tuner chips, alot of people are very pleased with the results from these chips. Whatever suits your needs.

·
459 Posts
By the way, Congrats one your "new" truck. Where u located?? Alaska?? I used to live there, 99-2005 in North Pole

·
Registered
160 Posts
i would go with the stage II and you may want to contact tony wildmen and see if he would something you like. he has some great products

·
6,337 Posts
Elite Diesel.... I have run everyones tunes and Tadd's got my nod.... And the Wifes X too...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts