The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering where all the bad publicity came from for these intakes? I've used K&N products for several years and have always been very happy with'em, but all I've read is "they say" posts with no first hand experiences. Is there anyone out there with first hand or at the most second hand testimony?

·
Rollin' Coal
379 Posts
I was just wondering where all the bad publicity came from for these intakes? I've used K&N products for several years and have always been very happy with'em, but all I've read is "they say" posts with no first hand experiences. Is there anyone out there with first hand or at the most second hand testimony?
i had one on my 6.0 and the intake tube going to the turbo had dust all stuck on the inside of it. and you know what happens when dirt get to the turbo...

·
212 Posts
Lots of folks w/ 6.4l had issues with K&N CAI's triggering the engine light to come on. Now if you are tuning the truck it doesn't matter; however, if not, you can run into this problem. Price is also another issue. Lots of folks with the 6.4l are running the S&B or AFE.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts