The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
KDP
Killer dowel pin
It’s a dowel pin inside of the timing case that wiggles out and jams itself inbetween the cam gear.. LOTS OF DAMAGE AND CARNAGE.
I don’t know the sizes of for this one.
Crack the fan nut loose, and remove the fan shroud, take the belt off and the bracket that the fan in bolted to. Take the harmonice balancer off.. I think it’s a 17-19mm Im not sure. Thers 4 of them. With that out of the way start taking off the timing case. I believe there 10mm. remember the order that they go in some are longer then others. Once you get the front cover off.. look at like 11 o’clock to the cam gear, and there will be apin sticking out. Tap it back into place.. and take that 8mm bolt out that’s right next to it.( that’s where the tab goes) place the tab over the pin and bolt it back in where you took the 8mm out of. LOCK TIGHT IT IN.. and button it back up..

Your going to need a new front seal, timing case gasket.

Bolt the timing case back up put the harmonic on fan pulley, drop the shroud down, tighten up the fan itself and drive it around be at ease that it wont bite you…

Reactions: John_G

·
KEE KEE WHOO!
1,453 Posts
good to know =)

·
1,224 Posts
Does the 6.7 engine have kdp? Never have heard if the 6.7 has this issue.

·
6.7L Man Van
120 Posts
Thanks, I had read about the KDP before and did not have a clue what they were talking about. Makes sense now!

·
1,836 Posts
All of the timing case bolts and cam retainer bolts were finger tight on mine. I took them out, washed the threads and torqued them with red locktight. The pin was OK, but I staked the hole anyway.

The seal installs DRY, it is teflon bearing

keydl

1 - 8 of 8 Posts