The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for some input if I should change from my xcal2 w/ elite diesel tunes to a DP tuner F5 or new F6 chip? What ya think? I do want to upgrade my turbo, hpop , injectors, and fuel system , to to wild but just a little bit of an upgrade.

·
6,337 Posts
I was looking for some input if I should change from my xcal2 w/ elite diesel tunes to a DP tuner F5 or new F6 chip? What ya think? I do want to upgrade my turbo, hpop , injectors, and fuel system , to to wild but just a little bit of an upgrade.

I love my DP tuner chip, but I have a chip from Tadd too... Talk to Tadd and see what he can do for you.

My wife still prefers her Elite chip...

·
862 Posts
If you want more than 3 tunes, then you'll have to get a chip. If you are satisfied with having only 3 tunes, then keep the Xcal. Me personally, I still have the old rotary 6-position chip from DP-Tuner, but my tunes are stock, tow, daily driver, and go-baby-go. I have no need for additional tunes, and the only reason I keep the stock setting is for emissions testing purposes. So for me, 3 tunes is plenty.

·
Smokin'
430 Posts
Well you can have 8,000,000 tunes for your SCT but you can only carry 3 at a time... 4 technically if your PCM is already flashed.

Anyway - if you plan to upgrade injectors, HPOP, turbo etc... most tuners IE: DP Tuner do not have access to all of the calibrator tables and therefore prefer to have you use their chip to maximize their tuning ability.

Hope this helps... until I went with injectors and before I had Auto Enginuity... the SCT Xcal2 worked great and read/cleared my codes :)

Reactions: astro

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
dp all the way

Reactions: astro

·
shes smart!
161 Posts
i have only had my dp for alil while but... love it! just some input:thumbsup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts