The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Tire Smoker
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has an 05 CC 4x4 6.0 that we put a full turbo back MBRP exhaust on today. Then we took it out for a spin. I took my truck so I could listen to his exhaust. It sounded awesome. It is one of the best sounding trucks I have heard, but it is slow. He had his middle street-performance tune loaded from his SCT tuner. I killed him bad w/ my edge on level 3. I could have walked him on level 2, but he quit trying! We raced half a dozen times. I even let him start first and by the time we hit 60, I was passing him hard!! I tried to get him to load his "race" tune, but he don't have a pyro yet...he said NO! I guess i need to install his pyro and put another beating on him!! The Duramax ROCKS! :popcorn: :poke: :Thumbup:

H

·
0 Posts
:umno: race him with his high setting then come back and tell us all about it.

·
3,630 Posts
I'll leave the race details to y'all to hash out........but I think the Powerjoke reference is pretty tasteless......I thought most of us came here because of childish crap like that on other sites.

Try acting like an adult...it garners much more respect.

F

·
0 Posts
What kind of gears do the 2 trucks have? That could make a huge difference. :shrug: :popcorn:

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Yeah, a 4.10 equipped truck is gonna be quicker than a 3.73.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I'm not too far from Janesville..... Wanna meet at Union Grove sometime???? :poke: :poke: :evil: :evil:

Mine is just a Powerjoke with a crappy SCT :poke: :poke:

J/k give him a little time.... BTW u got a little more than just a tuner :shrug: :shrug:

·
Registered
613 Posts
bobo said:
My buddy has an 05 CC 4x4 6.0 that we put a full turbo back MBRP exhaust on today. Then we took it out for a spin. I took my truck so I could listen to his exhaust. It sounded awesome. It is one of the best sounding trucks I have heard, but it is slow. He had his middle street-performance tune loaded from his SCT tuner. I killed him bad w/ my edge on level 3. I could have walked him on level 2, but he quit trying! We raced half a dozen times. I even let him start first and by the time we hit 60, I was passing him hard!! I tried to get him to load his "race" tune, but he don't have a pyro yet...he said NO! I guess i need to install his pyro and put another beating on him!! The Duramax ROCKS! :popcorn: :poke: :Thumbup:
Yep somethin to be proud of, you whipped up on a truck with a tuner and exhaust! :rolleyes: You blowtie boys must be pretty hard up! :blah:

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Yeah bobo, you racing that 6.0 with just a lower level tune is like me racing you....no competition....come back when you've got somthing worth mentioning

JR :evil: :smoke:

·
Tire Smoker
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I raced him w/ just my Edge on level 3...no lift pumps, stock trans...yada yada yada...I'm not sure what gears he has, but I have 3.73. That is the only gear available for 01-05 Duramax trucks. I have an intake and he don't. That was my only extra mod for the races we did. He is one of my best friends. We are doing this all in good fun. If you can't handle a "Powerjoke" raz, don't read my posts. I've went the extra mile to get my buddies Powerjoke running as good as he can get it. I am the one who told him about SCT and Biava. I'll be at Union Grove on the 8th. Come and get it if ya want some!! I know Biava showed up last time and the turnout wasn't to good. It should be better this time. My trans is in...my programmers might be here by then. Ohh...bring me a good SCT tune for my LLY. We need a good tuner and my trans. can handle amost anything now!! It should be good for 600hp+. My truck isn't fast yet. I am waiting for a good tune! I am shooting for 12's on #2.

·
Registered
784 Posts
:( :( I was just havin fun w/ ya.... Nothing serious at all..... It was a little disappointing for that drive all the way to Union Grove :( :( We can have some fun... Come on down to our dyno day in INDY on Nov. 5th...

·
Tire Smoker
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't want to dyno my truck without a big tune. I know your were having some fun...I didn't mind at all :agreed: . I'll run ya on #2 only. :poke: I hope my stack is back together by the 8th. I might even have a boost stick that kicks my VVT in the pants a little! :evil: Nobody makes a big tune for my truck right now :pissed:, When they do, it should run good!!

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
you didnt take me seriously did you bobo? i hardly ever exhange heated words. just playin wid ja pal;) besides, we all do as best we can :D btw i saw some pics of your truck once i think, and im not much of a chevy guy.....but i liked it!

Best wishes,
Dom

·
3,630 Posts
I don't mind you posting your win at all.
I just don't like the name calling crap....it's just the way I am.
I won't disrespect you that way...I'd appreciate it if the courtesy was returned.
Thats all there is to it.

Besides...I've run a friend in his modded 04.5 LLY many times...I know where I stand against one......out front.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
I RUN YOU ALL *evil laugh*

·
Registered
613 Posts
bobo said:
Unbroken and SuperF350 didn't like me posting that I whipped the SCT tuned truck...I explained my mods for them. I like the razing...it is fun and all in good fun.
:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

·
619 Posts
I guess the Red Racer would be to slow for a race like that :poke: :poke:

GENE

1 - 20 of 83 Posts