The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to work yesterday I was sitting at a red light at the bottom of a long straight with I think a 6% grade. When a black Lightning pulls up beside me. I thought Ohhhhhh **** here we gooooo. Put it in 4, took the Tach to 2000rpms and then let her rip..............he was toast.... :evil: I know my truck was fast but not this fast....

·
Obviously Intuitive !
1,417 Posts
Hmmm...
No cut... but did HE know he was racing ?
My nephew's lightning snacked on my 380HP 720lbft 03 AND
my 05 Ex :)

he's looking at sevens in the 1/8th....

·
Banned
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We stayed close enough together to know he was trying.......only thing I can think of is he spun his tires bad at take off :shrug:

·
1,055 Posts
I don't think those trucks have very good traction. My friend had a 454ss when we where in high school and it smoke the tires bad off the line. If you got it to about 20 then hammered it see ya they just don't have any wieght, I bet the lightning has the same problem. Nice job anyway :Thumbup: it is always nice to bet a gas burner. See ya :popcorn:

·
1,870 Posts
JOhn, the night we were at the track those guys were running in the 9's :nunu: . Doesn't your nephews have a few extrass too?

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
A stock Lightning is a turd in general. Just before they ditched the last gen lightning my Ford salesman told me about a good x-plan rebate coming up on the 03's and asked if I were it interested. In my head I had the lightning ET confused with the 03 Cobra ET so I took a test drive.

Boy wasn't I surprised when it was barely faster than my 411HP 2wd 03 6.0. In addition the g/f had just bought a 04 F-150 so that made the 03 Lightning Bug ride, drive and sound archaic.

Don't get me wrong though. Like my brother said for $1000-1500 a lighting will freakin' fly.

·
Obviously Intuitive !
1,417 Posts
dalpilot said:
JOhn, the night we were at the track those guys were running in the 9's :nunu: . Doesn't your nephews have a few extrass too?
Yep, a few...but not anything crazy.... (at least what I KNEW about !)

pulleys, tuner, etc...
all I know is he ate up my tuned 03 Ex even with my 4x4 launch :(

oh, and his is not the newest model....
Hmm... will havta research a bit more before he gets back from Iraq :)

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I know alldiesels can take lightnings with his 04 CC DRW, his extreme tune is throwing out 423, but im not sure if he used the NOS.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
up here stock lightinings with slicks are only hitting 14.8's altitude DOES make a dif lol, they are light in the rear end, funn lil trucks to drive with a exhaust, tuner and pully :}
robert
out
p.s. i want a lighting with a 6.0 :} and 4x4

1 - 10 of 10 Posts