The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Haulin' Azz
Joined
·
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got some 02-03 F-450-550 16' flatbeds that are rusting out prematurely , anyone else see this ? The outer C-chanels are just crumbeling .
 
F

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I have always heard good things from their bodies, could it be that they are being ran in alot of salt, and not cleaned as often as they should be after that?
 

·
'Ol Builder guy
Joined
·
7,051 Posts
BROKER said:
We got some 02-03 F-450-550 16' flatbeds that are rusting out prematurely , anyone else see this ? The outer C-chanels are just crumbeling .
Yes, I've seen Knapheids do this. Problem is the salt likes to lay in the bottom of the channel. I'd b*tch about it to the body installer and see if they'll make it right, but at 4-5 yrs old, you might get nothing.

Too bad you couldn' use aluminum. It's much closer in price to steel now.
 

·
General Contractor
Joined
·
518 Posts
Duke said:
Too bad you couldn' use aluminum. It's much closer in price to steel now.
How much closer, I haven't noticed any real price adjustments here.
 

·
'Ol Builder guy
Joined
·
7,051 Posts
ACC inc. said:
How much closer, I haven't noticed any real price adjustments here.
When I put out a price for a 12' aluminum dump box over the summer, it wasn't much more than a steel box compared to a few years ago. Aluminum was 2-3 times as much.

I bought my 12" x 22.5" Alcoa wide base wheels for less than a Accuride 12" wide base steel wheel.

Lot nicer looking, lighter and no rust, either.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top