The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of a new L20 strategy code just released from Ford?
I had a guy come in with an SCT and this is his story.
He put his truck back to stock for Warranty. The truck got a reflash L20 suppossedly just released from Ford and now he can not reload his SCT back into the truck.
Before upgrading him to a Spartan does anyone know if there tunes will work with the new strategy code or does anyone know what the changes are in the L20 strategy code? May be it is cold weather stuff....

·
Registered
370 Posts
There was just a FSA (field service action or recall) date 12-15-2008 for a reflash for some regen functions and instrument cluster issues. Not sure if that would be the L20 calibration but sure seems like it's possible.

·
Mafia member #6
1,714 Posts
I had mine updated at ford and it took SCT a month to get me back up and going,you may have to call them and have'em backdate your truck so you can run it.

·
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its not my truck I'm running Spartan. I have an SCT as well but would feel bad selling it to anyone. Actually we keep it on our wall of shame. Just a guy who was interested in spartan that had SCT. Turns out Nutty can tune the L20 strategy code so I will try to convince the guy to go to Spartan

·
990 Posts
this maybe a lil off topic but i took my yruck in to get the regen message and cool down warning and they told me that they weren't doing that cal. anymore cause they had some issues with it recently so they don't do that tsb anymore.... my truck is a job 2 so it doesnt have all that stuff in the message center like the job 3"s is this gonna be a problem for when i get my spartan? i have 33,xxx trouble free miles out of my bone stock 08 minus the bad pressure sensor that ive been driving on for like 2 months because of lack of time to get into service and them not having the part... so my truck white smokes like a freight train when in regen or towing... they told me it would be fine to drive that way until i can get it into them hope there right cause the truck still runs great...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts