1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats an easy way to make a set of ladder bars and how long should they be

·
2,509 Posts
I have been helping a friend of mine build a set of traction bars for is 02 powerstroke. Our set consist of a single pipe bolted to the bottom of the spring u-bolts and the frame and are about 5 foot long. We used the ubolts brackets off of a 99 dodge to flip the u-bolts upside down and made another plate that bolts rite to them. for the pipe we went to the local farm and home store and picked up a couple or heavy duity adjustable links with swivle ends that came off of a disk or something and are going to extend them out to what ever length we need. when we get it all done and make sure it works rite I'll post up some pics and explain it in some more detail.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah post some pics when you guys get it done

·
2,509 Posts
here is what we have so far
old u-bolts View attachment 10257 View attachment 10258
new u-bolts View attachment 10259 View attachment 10260
new u-bolts, dodge brackets, and one of the links View attachment 10261
brackets we made the one on the left bolts to the bottom of the u-bolts and the one on the right bolts to the spring View attachment 10262

It will be a week or so before we get it done but I will post up some more pics then. if it all works ok on his superduty I think the same setup will work on my 96.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for putting the pics up

·
113 Posts
word of advice the lenght should go about the same angle as the drive shaft. also where the bracket mounts to the frame it should be boxed in. a buddy didnt do that and the bolts worked lose and he didnt know it. cracked his frame

·
2,509 Posts
smokeyourdiesel said:
word of advice the lenght should go about the same angle as the drive shaft. also where the bracket mounts to the frame it should be boxed in. a buddy didnt do that and the bolts worked lose and he didnt know it. cracked his frame
what do you mean by boxing in the frame?

·
TDG Mafia Member #56
2,050 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts