The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sacgmc said:
That is a serious swiss army knife body! Stahl has a pretty good reputation.
Yeah, and I was thinking of adding a set of lumber racks!!! That would make it an even bigger Swiss Army knife body!!LOL

I thought it'd look great on a 550 4x4

·
Haulin' Azz
3,111 Posts
Dont see to many of those up here , but we see a similar body with more of an aero look to it. It got to be useful , especialy with the Backpack behind the cab too .I bet that set up is spendy. Why do you need the dump insert? I thought you were going for a strait utility body . I wonder how heavy that set up is , and how much it would affect your payload ?

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BROKER said:
Duke , scroll down almost to the bottom , these are what more and more guys are doing up here. I wish my concrete equipment was not so abrasive , I'd go with some of these guys products. I like the quality .

http://www.truckcraft.com/gallery.asp
Tom, that's actually the one I'm hoping to buy! It's actually a Reading Utility body with a "Truck Craft" dump insert in between the utility boxes. It's superior to the Stahl body because it uses a telescoping hoist, so there's no subframe for a scissor hoist, thereby lowering the bed height. The Stahl unit is also a lot heavier at 3300lbs. Since the Reading unit has no subframe & scissor hoist it weighs only 2300lbs!

They're built right here in good old Pennsylvania!:woot:

I just thought the dump unit would be real handy for light loads of stone, sand or debris or to slide tools, mortar, sand, planks, wheelbarrows, etc. down towards the tailgate.

$12,000 bucks.

·