The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any body tel lme the good bad or uglies of the software "special Forces" for the 6.0
its made by these guys

Sniper Scout software

The ultimate kit for laptop owners. With a few clicks of your mouse, this cost-effective kit allows you to modify and maximize your vehicle’s computer settings to improve engine and transmission performance for most any condition. For truck owners, the Scout allows changes that could improve fuel mileage and towing capabilities whether using regular unleaded or premium unleaded fuels. For the sports car owners, the Scout allows changes that will improve the drivability and performance for stock vehicles as well as modified vehicles. Just slip the Scout CD into your laptop and improve your vehicle’s performance in just minutes. Once the performance program is created by the Scout, you have two options of how to install the performance program into your vehicle.
1. "Flash" your vehicle directly from your laptop. Just plug your laptop into the vehicle's diagnostic port just underneath the driver side dash.
2. Load the performance program onto a Sniper chip and plug the chip into your vehicle's computer. This option is only available for vehicles equipped with EEC-V computers.

thanks

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
It's pretty much the same concept as the SCT Pro Racer Package. Some users like to have the flexibility of doing there own tuning, others don't want to spend the time working with it. Having a good base file to start from is essential, so finding a supporting dealer is recommended.

·
Registered
58 Posts
InnovativeDiesel said:
It's pretty much the same concept as the SCT Pro Racer Package. Some users like to have the flexibility of doing there own tuning, others don't want to spend the time working with it. Having a good base file to start from is essential, so finding a supporting dealer is recommended.

Eric,
How does this compare to the EFI Live for the Duramax? We just got one of those for my buddies truck and it's crazy the stuff you can do. What would I have to purchase to do the same things the EFI Live does so I could do it on my 6.0. I have an SCT but could just use it just like the EFI does, store it on your computer and flash the truck with that. Let me know as I'm very interested. Is that what the pro racer package is? What does that one run? Thanks

Blake

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Since you have the Xcal2, you would only need the Racer Pro Package. Please PM, call, or email for pricing. You write your program to the Xcal2 and then upload it to your PCM. Most like it better that way because you have the stock program on your unit if you ever want to quickly return to stock. It's very similar to EFI Live.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
preciate the gouge
it also comes with two "bullets" to let you load your buddies truck if you want.
not sure about the base load, but the guy on the phone said it has drop downs to ask you questions and pick a parameter and then upload your truck.
the decison gets harder everyday.

Ford 6.0L 03-06 Diesels:
-Gains of 50-150rwhp.
-Economy Programs for better mileage.
-Tow Programs available with Diesel Braking and continuous convertor lockup.
this is what i am looking for

·
Registered
58 Posts
PSDPlayer said:
Jump on in and have some fun.
LOL PSD,
I know exactly what ur thinkin', im gonna mess it up for sure!!!!!!!!!! I know, its a VERY good possibility. I was just wonderin' cause I like the way that the EFI LIVE works, would be neat to mess with.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The Special Forces software is pretty complete and it does have some limitations. It's not as sofistacated as the EFI Live software so that should prevent you from going too far and harming your vehicle. They do have software that is much more entailed like EFI Live or other sofistacated software...it's called Delta Force.
What is really cool about it is that it allows you to program multiple vehicles without having to purchase additional hardware.

·
Registered
17 Posts
fastsvtss said:
The Special Forces software is pretty complete and it does have some limitations. It's not as sofistacated as the EFI Live software so that should prevent you from going too far and harming your vehicle. They do have software that is much more entailed like EFI Live or other sofistacated software...it's called Delta Force.
What is really cool about it is that it allows you to program multiple vehicles without having to purchase additional hardware.
I forgot to mention, the Special Forces software does come with some "pre-tuned" performance files (50, 75 & 100 hp).

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I have heard that it isn't quite complete so you need to find a good dealer so they can give you all of the fixes. The only people I know that deal with it is David Lott at DI.

·
Registered
17 Posts
CBSuperduty said:
I have heard that it isn't quite complete so you need to find a good dealer so they can give you all of the fixes. The only people I know that deal with it is David Lott at DI.
Actually it is far more complete than any hand held programmer that we've seen.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I spent some time with the guys from Sniper at SEMA 2005, the package looked really good. He showed me the gas program and it was nice how it was able to setup a base tune based on a series of questions.
Even though EFILive does nothing for FORD we do deal with workshops that do, from what I am told the Sniper software is a better way to go simply because of the fact the 'box' is not limited to how many vehicles (or bullets as they call them) can be stored before needing to purchase another one. Maybe SCT have changed that now, I am not sure.

Cheers,
Ross

·
Wolverine Vendor
632 Posts
Careful what you wish for. Everything that glitters is not gold. :damnit

Unless you really know what you are doing, I wouldn't stick my finger into the computer to play with parameters. Like Eric says, SCT has the Pro Racer Package. It is safe and you can play.

DJ :evil:

·
925 Posts
Flashscan said:
I spent some time with the guys from Sniper at SEMA 2005, the package looked really good. He showed me the gas program and it was nice how it was able to setup a base tune based on a series of questions.
Even though EFILive does nothing for FORD we do deal with workshops that do, from what I am told the Sniper software is a better way to go simply because of the fact the 'box' is not limited to how many vehicles (or bullets as they call them) can be stored before needing to purchase another one. Maybe SCT have changed that now, I am not sure.

Cheers,
Ross
No, SCT has not changed that. I wish you guys would do something for us Ford peps. Or maybe I should move to a Duramax.

·
925 Posts
plowboyblake said:
Eric,
How does this compare to the EFI Live for the Duramax? We just got one of those for my buddies truck and it's crazy the stuff you can do. What would I have to purchase to do the same things the EFI Live does so I could do it on my 6.0. I have an SCT but could just use it just like the EFI does, store it on your computer and flash the truck with that. Let me know as I'm very interested. Is that what the pro racer package is? What does that one run? Thanks

Blake
plowboyblake, in my own opinion, EFILive is leaps and bounds above SCT. Not ragging on SCT, their software is very powerful. I have used and continue to use both; I just place EFI on a little higher pedestal.

·
4,318 Posts
Is the sniper linear tuning like the SCT, or does it tune in 3D?

Will this allow you to get into your tranny file and tune it. Others who use it say they tranny tune, but only mess with the torque tables, not the TQ converter lockup, and tow haul features.

·
Registered
50 Posts
ISurvivedNMU said:
Is the sniper linear tuning like the SCT, or does it tune in 3D?

Will this allow you to get into your tranny file and tune it. Others who use it say they tranny tune, but only mess with the torque tables, not the TQ converter lockup, and tow haul features.
The Software will let you do lock up and shift pressure and part and wide open throtle as well as shift ad diffeerent speeds but this is for the 7.3L only at this time. The 6.0L comes with their tune which is already set up for the shifting changes u jus cant alter it your self. I have used it on several trucks and its pretty cool. 7.3L and 6.0L's. Jason

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sniper's Special Forces diesel software is as simple as it gets. It just asks a series of questions and even supplies the answers (within drop-down boxes) to click on. Once questions are answered, it automatically generates a performance program based on your answers.
Their Delta Force software offers 5 different MAP options to tune in: columns, rows, columns & rows, data form and 3-D. You can tune in any of these formats with their software.

Their Special Forces only allows you to tune the transmission for the 7.3 at this time. The 6.0 is suppose to be coming available soon. For the 7.3 it allows you to adjust shift firmness, shift points & torque converter lock up for BOTH part throttle and wide open throttle positions.
The Delta Force does allow you to tune the transmission for both the 7.3 and 6.0.

·
4,318 Posts
Just to clarify, the sniper product does not do tranny tuning right now?

The answer I am reading from the above is "no it does not"

On edit, I am talking on the 6.0L

·
Registered
17 Posts
When the software creates the program, it will adjust the transmission automatically....however, Special Forces does not allow "end-user" adjustments for the tranny at this time. I'm told it's suppose to be an update that's coming available soon (4-6 weeks maybe).

The Delta Force does allow adjustments for the tranny.

On edit: This applies for the 6.0 liter. The Sniper Special Forces does provide "end-user" adjustments for the 7.3

1 - 20 of 22 Posts