The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 03 king ranch 4x4 7.3 i cut out the muffler and put a diablo predator set to the 65 horse setting im not looking to get crazy with it because its my girlfriends but i personally am a cummins man and dont know much about powerstrokes so does anybody no of anything i should be concerned about or any other little upgrades i might want to look at

·
Diesel Enthusiast
234 Posts
Grab a $25 CPS sensor and a 10mm wrench and put them in the glove box, other than that, a little bit of TLC and that thing will last her until long after she gets tired of driving it.

·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info i hopefully added a little insurance to it today by switching all the fluids to synthetic im running sythetic rotlella in the engine and the transmission the front end and rear end all have amsoil synthetics

·
161 Posts
where did you find a king ranch 7.3l??

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
brietwyk said:
That's what I'm wondering.....

Last year was 06, not 03 for the 7.3L. Just have to move to Australia.

·
Mod Friendly Title
2,695 Posts
brietwyk said:
I think he made a deal with the devil... Either he's a lucky SOB, or he's getting the Lariat confused with the KR. :shrug:

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
did they make them?

·
161 Posts
not that i know of, but if he got 1 im extremely jealous. i looked high and low for 1 for about 6 months

·
6,337 Posts
Gauges??? Your going to cook that 7.3 with that diablo crap!!!

·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hell im not only one around here with one i thought the 03 king ranches were only 6.0s but i noticed that a buddy of mines 03 king ranch that he had straight piped did not sound like a 6.0 and there it was a 7.3 sitting in the engine bay also a i smoked a early model duramax with it the other day i dont no what mods he had but he had no muffler and i could here his turbo pretty good

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
you got a picture of this truck ive never seen one before

·
Dieselis' Maximus
1,744 Posts
If this is true there can only be a handful of them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts