The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what kind of fuel mileage is eveyone getting out of there LB7.

I run my Diablo Sport on Economy and around town 13.5-15. Interstate 18-19.
In March I took a long trip with no tune and got 19.5.

·
3,939 Posts
I'd say I get right around the same as you do. It usually averages out to between 16-17 at every fill-up. Dang heavy right foot and 500rwhp will do that.

·
1,409 Posts
I average about 20-21 when I run the biggest tune, but always better than 18. Just recently I went from a 285 M/T to a 315 A/T and there was no change at all. That is hand calculated, I don't have one of those fancy trucks.

·
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
1,409 Posts
DIC -- Driver Information Center

Man....you've got a dirty mind....:haha
I live in the gutter... between my mom and the U.S. Navy I have become a "well rounded person". For some reason the wife gets upset when I act like a freak, so I get it all out on TDG!

·
Diesel Addict
21 Posts
On a recent 500 mile trip, with stock tires and the quad set on 190 tune I got 22.78mpg. Keep in mind almost half of that trip i was doing more than 90mph keeping with traffic on I-95. I didn't believe it at first but since I topped of the tank b4 I left and topped off when I got home, then divided the mileage by the gallons it took to top the tank back off and got 22.78 so its gotta be right. I usually do better that 18mpg in the city....

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
I average 18.1mpg in my daily travels. The highest I have ever recorded was 22.9mpg (road trip, all highway, did it 4 times), and the lowest is 13.4 (towing).

·
Randy Grider
2 Posts
First post here. Are you guys giving the mileage you're dash display gives you, or honest to goodness good old fashioned figuring it every time you fill the tank.
My dash display is very optimistic compared to the numbers I come up with filling the tank.
I've figured mine every tank full since I got my '08 6.4 in sept. of '07, and now that my truck has 18,000 miles ,never have I got more than 16mpg, with as low as 12.
I don't baby my Ford, but don't abuse it either. It is my favorite truck, no problems, plenty of power, pulls the camper and loads of hay with ease, drives and handles great, everything you'd want in a truck, but it has never got the mileage some of these fellers boast.
Try figuring you're mileage, and I mean ever tankfull, and I think some of you guys will be disapointed.

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
Hand calculated. My truck doesnt have a fuel mileage display. I keep detailed records of everything that goes into my trucks so the average is over the life (how long i've owned them) of the truck.

·
Diesel Addict
21 Posts
My dash doesn't tell me mileage so I do it the most accurate way which is the old fashion way. I calculate the mileage on every tank worst being 14.5mpg :coaland a best of 22.78mpg :woot:. I also keep my k&n air filter clean, have straight piped exhaust, and a programmer which all help with fuel economy.....

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
Except for a K&N intake my Silverado is all stock performance wise.

·
Diesel Addict
21 Posts
I reckon you're mods make the difference, something i'm not ready to do, not untill the warranty is up anyway. Thanks !
Yea I don't blame ya. The warrenty is a nice thing to have but its just so much fun, and tempting even if I had a warrenty I would have probably voided it neway...:peelout

·
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mine is all hand calculated. Mine don't have the little thing that displays the mileage.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
6.4's have a DPF and a lot more emissions equipment so they actually are less efficient, burning more fuel, and yet they are "better for the environment"..... some how i dont understand how burning more fuel is better than a little black smoke... LOL

22mpg sounds a lot better than 12... but thats just me

1 - 20 of 57 Posts