The Diesel Garage banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

LBZ chip/exhaust

4K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  blksmok 
#1 ·
My buddy just traded in his LB7 2500 for a LBZ 3500. From what we hear, He can't straight pipe the LBZ is this correct? Are there any tuners out for the LBZ yet and do they work properly, or should he wait a little while???

Thanks.

#3 ·
HydrillaHoundawg,

You can use a cat back exhaust with no code issues and a Superchip or Bully Dog programmer along with a set of gauges and an AFE intake or Super Stock kit and you're set for lots of fun! Call us if you have any questions we'll be glad to help you.

Mark @ DPPI

#5 ·
Florida as far as I know and it has been for several years now, has stopeed sniffin my pipe. I have run a straight pipe on 3 of my fords and my buddy currently is on his LB7 that is being replaced with the LBZ. We are just a fan of the tune. I was told that the LBZ will throw codes. But I figured there should be a eliminator out for it soon. The same thing went for my cobra. MIL eliminator cured the problem:Thumbup:

The only thing that shocks me is that the stock Ally is said to be already maxed out and a mild tuner is best with the LBZ. :shrug: He only tows a 20ft bassboat and he will be runnin the truck on 22.5's. Seems like a light chore for the 3500. I was thinkin he could atleast run a 80-100hp tuner as long as he doesn't beat the snot out of it.

#7 ·
I am new to the Diesel thing and would like to get up to speed as fast as possible.

I am getting a 2006 Duramax LBZ GMC and would like to change the exhaust right away. I will be towing a Toy Box of about 8,000 pounds (Not much for a diesel) and would like to know; what are the good and bad of 4" vrs 5" exhaust? Is there a down side to having 5" from Turbo back? I see most have 4" down tubes is there a reason that someone wouldn't want to have bigger down tube. I setup Baja Race Bikes and going to big on the exhaust you loose your low end but, gain power in the higher rpm's. Does this hold true with diesels?

I will want the best power programer to adjust the speedo and increese power/fuel milage. I have a 2004 lifted silverodo with a 5.3l, JBA headers, Mac 4" exhaust, cold air induction, and the diablo preditor tuner but, It is not the same as diesel so I need to get the best info it get this right the first time.

I went with the Duramax because my friend got a 2005 Chevy Duramax and it is a nice truck.

http://xr650r.borynack.com/

#8 ·
XR680R,

Get either the MBRP or AFE cat back exhaust system, the AFE Stagei II intake with Pro Guard 7 filter and the Bully Dog Programmer. We sell this combo all the time and it's excellent and changes the performance of the truck immensley. Call us if you have any questions we'll be glad to help you on them.

Mark @ DPPI

#11 ·
Noreaster said:
I guess the PPE code eliminator doesn't work that great so I hear...
Where did you hear that, and what doesn't work, just wondering.

#14 ·
Mark_Craig said:
XR680R,

Get either the MBRP or AFE cat back exhaust system, the AFE Stagei II intake with Pro Guard 7 filter and the Bully Dog Programmer. We sell this combo all the time and it's excellent and changes the performance of the truck immensley. Call us if you have any questions we'll be glad to help you on them.

Mark @ DPPI
Mark,
I just went from a 05 2500 LLY to a 07 3500 LBZ. On my previous truck I had a 4" MBRP, Edge Juice w/attitude, boost stick finger stick, blocker plate, and CAI. For the new truck I'm looking at all options and I see that although you sell the edge products (if I'm not mistaken) you are pushing the bully dog programmer instead. I have very little knowledge of the bully dog or banks or anything other than what I had previously. Can you give me some comparison as to what I can get with another unit vs. what I had or can get with the edge product? I want something that I can switch tuning on easily. I use my truck as a daily driver but also pull a heavy (16K lbs) 5er on weekends. I'm afraid a tune that I would like for running around town would limp my tranny while pulling mountain grades or send EGT's out of site... previously I would run empty with 3/5 on the edge and tow in either 1/2 or 2/2 (flat ground) if that helps.
Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.