The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I`m new to the forum but I thought I`d start with this post. My`06 had been brutal on fuel,down around 12 on local stuff. About 3 or 4 months ago I bought a duramiler? programmer. I just got around to putting it on yesterday and took it for a short ride ( 8 or so miles). Started picking up mileage quickly. I picked up a mile p.g. on that short ride. I`m going to be keeping an eye on it and hopefully more good news.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Hi everyone. I`m new to the forum but I thought I`d start with this post. My`06 had been brutal on fuel,down around 12 on local stuff. About 3 or 4 months ago I bought a duramiler? programmer. I just got around to putting it on yesterday and took it for a short ride ( 8 or so miles). Started picking up mileage quickly. I picked up a mile p.g. on that short ride. I`m going to be keeping an eye on it and hopefully more good news.
That sounds about typical, the best my LBZ could manage stock was around 18mpg on the highway, now that I'm running a tune the mileage is up around 21-22mpg on the highway, much easier on the pocket now that fuel is going up to around $1.35/L

·
<<<Engine ear
26 Posts
I beg to differ ( a little) I just bought an 07, and hand calculated 19 MPG at 75/80 MPH. Got 15 MPG towing an empty car trailer at the same speed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts