The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

The first two show my true mileage of 18.57MPG, the third picture shows just how bad the DIC can mis-represent mileage, however I would like to say that its only in-accurate when you reset it all the time, if you reset it on a new tank of fuel and leave it alone till your next fill up, it can be relatively accurate:happymugs

my only mods are in my sig and i must stress that I drive like I stole this thing!!! If i drove like an old granny on a sunday cruise I am certain that well over 20mpgs are possible, but wheres the fun in that?

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
Interesting. Yet another example of why you should not trust the DIC.

And whats with the Check engine light? :poke

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
too lazy to try to figure out how to disable the EGR with EFI LOL

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
un-plug it? no... just blocked with a plate, keep throwing "insufficient flow to EGR" code, so im not too worried about it, Nelson just bought Duramax Tuner library access so i will be running one of Nicks tunes shortly, and im pretty sure that his eliminate the EGR codes, i was just too lazy to figure it out LOL

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
Sure did and have tuned my truck already, hopefully I notice an improvement in fuel mileage.

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
one word....DUST :bash

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
182 Posts
Not too shabby... I get 19-20 mpg driving daily, if I feel froggy it drops down to 18mpg. I don't dive slow either.... Everyone that blows up a motor seems to blow it when they are being easy on it, so I don't give mine the chance to blow :D

You can make the DIC get even more off... I had a tune that would say I wa getting 42 mpg on the DIC but was actually 19mpg hand calculated.

·
5 Posts
I just installed the 2008-10 17" factory wheels and covers with 32.5 tall by 9 wide BFG All-Terrains on my '07 classic 3500 dually. Those babies are heavy...lots of rotating mass. Saw an instant drop of 1.5-2MPG according to DIC. And there is a definite drop in acceleration around town. Saw a significant drop in Hwy mileage also.
Hoping an eventual tune will help by adjusting shift points. Already have a MBRP turbo back 4" exhaust and an Air Raid cold air intake.
I am at about 12.3 average overall mileage according to DIC.
Any other advice?

·
5 Posts
I just installed the 2008-10 17" factory wheels and covers with 32.5 tall by 9 wide BFG All-Terrains on my '07 classic 3500 dually. Those babies are heavy...lots of rotating mass. Saw an instant drop of 1.5-2MPG according to DIC. And there is a definite drop in acceleration around town. Saw a significant drop in Hwy mileage also.
Hoping an eventual tune will help by adjusting shift points. Already have a MBRP turbo back 4" exhaust and an Air Raid cold air intake.
I am at about 12.3 average overall mileage according to DIC.
Any other advice?

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
a mileage tune will help, but all that rotating mass is gona be brutal on mileage, keep your speeds down, and never lift it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts