The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
With the Duramaxs we only do 2wd launches.
That is why I said to be careful. Pat and I have seen several accidents over the years with cars running slicks out back and radials up front. CCW who we bought our rims from for the vette , feels so strongly about it, he won't even sell you rear rims unless you buy the skinnies up front.

If the trucks have 4wd, you would be better off adding braces and tierod sleeves up front and launching in 4wd IMO.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I've run a few thousand passes in cars with radials up front and slicks in the rear, but they were relatively small slicks. One was a low-13 second Pontiac T/A with 235/60-15 radials up front and 10.5-28.5x15 slicks. It was perfectly stable. Another is a mid-11 second Vega with relatively narrow front radials (I think they are 195/70-13), and 8.5-26.0x15 slicks. It was pretty stable going down the track, but never felt quite as stable as my low 9-second Vega with drag skinnies up front and 16x32 slicks. Maybe it is the radials which kept the 11-second car from feeling as stable? If I can ever find my 5-lug conversion rotors for the Vega (misplaced them in a move years ago), I'll try the skinnies from the fast car on the 11 second car and see if it makes a difference.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

1 - 6 of 6 Posts