The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...I get home the other night and pull into the garage and find an oil trail all the way into the garage and up the drive way. Got to looking around under the truck and the oil is running out of the dip stick tube at the pan.....the large nut on the out side was not very tight...Do you think that the O-ring is compromised? Is it possible to change without pulling the oil pan off? I have not tried it since I tighttened the large nut.
Thanks

·
16 Posts
i have changed that o ring,it swells up,i pulled the engine on a customers vehicle to do it,this was in a 96 f350.
i have also loosened the nut off and cleaned it very well and siliconedit then tightened the nut back up,and let it sit overnight.
i did this a year ago and still not leaking.
i would try the silicon first that is what i am going to try

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I was thinking of doing....thanks

·
79 Posts
If you go to the 7.3 stickies and go into Maintains creative thread, you can find some good info on this in the very last frame. Good Luck!

·
281 Posts
International provides a kit that you can eliminate the o-ring and replace it with a paper gasket. The kit comes with a full set of instructions.

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
International provides a kit that you can eliminate the o-ring and replace it with a paper gasket. The kit comes with a full set of instructions.
Have you done this? Does the O-ring still need too be removed? Do you know the part number for the kit?

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I changed the O-ring out after work.......everything went smooth......I removed the starter and ...........I used the artical from Maintain's Informative Creations! In the sticky section.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts