The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Be sure to check your rad hoses for leaks, i guess there is a bad design in the ones in my truck(new ones now have 2 o rings instead of one.) wonder if i will have to pay deductable on my extended warentee to fix this bad design. very small leak, but I found it!!

·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2008 f250 22,000 miles, job 1, ordered new in feb 2007.

·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anything else "common" with job 1? I had all the requireed updates done, im just waiting for the rad to go, last i read it was due to low coolant issues due to leaks and people not checking thier coolant levels.

·
780 Posts
I have a job 1 and 69,000 miles and out of warrenty when my rad goes is ford going to fix it or is it on me?

·
Let it all Ride
1,316 Posts
I have a job 1 and 69,000 miles and out of warrenty when my rad goes is ford going to fix it or is it on me?
I wouldn't say when but if and to be honest, it's going to be hit and miss with your dealer. I don't think they're required to as the radiator does not fall under the powertrain warranty. That being said, my dealer put one on mine at 40k but would not cover the new hoses.

·
Let it all Ride
1,316 Posts
anything else "common" with job 1? I had all the requireed updates done, im just waiting for the rad to go, last i read it was due to low coolant issues due to leaks and people not checking thier coolant levels.
The only real common things were the radiators and radiator hoses. Everything else was fixed with updates.

·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess my chances are slim to get them to do the lower hose when they do the upper and call it one repair. my 100,000 5 year was up in march...crap. I have an extended warentee, but do not remember what my deductable is. I looked up defintion of an "o-ring" on wikipedia and it says it is a seal for sure! My plan covers seals, (ESP premium) so I may not have to pay unless my deductible is 50 or one hundred $. Thanks for the info.

·
3,533 Posts
Many times when a hose connection leaks, all that is needed is the hose clamp needs to be loosened off and lubed with soapy water and re-tightened.
As a good test measure the strap out of the hose clamp, then loosen and re-tighten and remeasure, many clamps be it coolant or the CAC will only tighten on the top 1/2 the clamp binds and does not slip to actually squeeze the bottom 1/2.

Reactions: quick83

·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info. I thought the design on my 250 diesel was a snap-on type with a o-ring, is there a clamp on there? I did not see any. Oh and btw guys i spoke with my service "ceo" and he told me not to worry, the worst case senario is 50.00 deductable on my premium care. He said they will go through the whole leaking radiator procedure and check it all and bill ford. Im still not holding my breath on this. I let u know what happens. something about a customer loyalty rating, cause I bought so many vech from them in past 30 years...i said cool with me, we deserve it!!

·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
looks like they may replace the rad and both hoses for 50.00, my rad is fine but i guess i should get it all done now if I can. what do you all think? jump on it or just have the hoses replaced? my truck only has 25,000 miles on it. 20,000 is towing miles.

·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
well its in there now, im not sure what they are gonna do yet. I know they will replace the upper hose at least and may do the lower and the rad. It seemed to me they want to do thier own diagnostics b4 they tell me what they will repair, they are just takin my word for it now. The writer told me if in any way shape or form it calls for a rad they will do it and should have it done. Ill post what happens after repair is complete. Going on a campin trip @ the end of aug into the blue ridge mountains hope they do a great job.

·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
iTS DONE THEY JUST CALLED ME, THEY did both hoses, the top one was bad. No rad, i guess im glad. Cool that all rhymes.

·
51 Posts
Thanks for the info. I thought the design on my 250 diesel was a snap-on type with a o-ring, is there a clamp on there? I did not see any. Oh and btw guys i spoke with my service "ceo" and he told me not to worry, the worst case senario is 50.00 deductable on my premium care. He said they will go through the whole leaking radiator procedure and check it all and bill ford. Im still not holding my breath on this. I let u know what happens. something about a customer loyalty rating, cause I bought so many vech from them in past 30 years...i said cool with me, we deserve it!!
no hose clamps, orings and a clip.

·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They only did the upper hose. The serv writer told me they were going to and then that they DID replace the lower one, when I got my ticket there was no lower hose on it and I asked him about it and said it must be a kit and that was why there was only 1 part #. So he looked it up and said im sorry they just did the upper hose. I would not mind but this dude is ****y as hell and I was dissapointed did not get lower for my $50.00. I know he did not enjoy being showed he was wrong, hope i did not pee him off. Should I expect prob with this lower hose also??? anyone have that one leak?? Thanks for hearing my rant and all the info.

·
190 Posts
I would change the bottom one as well. I changed top a week later bottom started leaking this is only my experieence. When I went back to buy the bottom hose writer tells me they usually change both at same time. Good luck either way.

·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
JUST VOICE mailed the serv dept CEO and asked him to check into this for me. asked why not change lower hose also. will cost me another 50.00 IF I am still under my ext warentee when leaks.Hope they will just do it now FOR FREE!

·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
UPDATE

Interesting, found coolant on d-way after sitting other eve b4 trip out. looked under and saw wet at corner of rad on driver side in area of petcock, with some drips on spoiler and some on ground. thought 4 sure it was rad, went to see if petcock was loose and it took a 1/8th turn...hmmmm. went on trip with 2-3 heat up cool down cycles and no leak yet. could it leak fm petcock with it just a 1/8 turn loose? I do not want anyone putting a new rad in my truck. I do have a warnetee.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts