The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, smelled antifreeze, found radiator leaking at the seam right near the drain plug. Dealer said that this is the 3rd radiator leaking in the same place that they fixed. It's just like the 6.4L. Starts out small but may leave you sit. Just figured I'd put it on here for people to watch for. Kudos to the dealer for the super fast repair. I needed the truck to tow my 5th wheel for a trip next week!

·
6 Posts
Just Found the EXACT same issue with my 2012. Unfortunately I am out of Warranty and FORD want $2000 (in Alberta) to replace!! Seems like a manufacturer of the Rad issue, wish they would cover some of that cost!!

·
79 Posts
Just Found the EXACT same issue with my 2012. Unfortunately I am out of Warranty and FORD want $2000 (in Alberta) to replace!! Seems like a manufacturer of the Rad issue, wish they would cover some of that cost!!
I've got a 6.0 Powerstroke with a radiator leak that I'm dropping off tonight at the local radiator repair shop. Ford wanted $600 and the radiator place said they could replace the tank for around $100. It might be worth checking with your local radiator shop to see if it can be repaired.

·
79 Posts
Funny thing. There were three vehicles being worked on at the radiator shop. All three were ford powerstrokes. The two 6.0 liters had both broken off the fitting for the degas bottle where it goes into the top tank. The new powerstroke had a cracked lower tank.

My truck cost me $330 for a new upper tank with the molded in fitting. The new tank is redesigned with stiffer fitting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts