The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys Im thinking about Leasing a new superduty my next truck.

Im one of them guys that wants somthing new and differant every cupple years so Im thinking this may be the way to go for me.

I only use it to tow my fifthwheel, and kind of when i need a truck. I do 7,500 to 10,000 miles a year and i keep my trucks real nice.

Im looking for input because i have never leased before and I really dont know what I would be getting into.

Can some one tell me the good the bad and the ugly??? Thanks.

Reactions: Bubblehead

·
Let it all Ride
1,316 Posts
One thing you need to know whether you lease or buy is that the rear fenders on the duallys are butt *** ugly.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
The bad is you will ALWAYS have a payment, the good is that you have a new truck.

I would also guess you would not be able to mod it. For me I do not see the value in leasing as I prefer to have something to show for my money when it is said and done.

·
Let it all Ride
1,316 Posts
The only really good thing I can think about leasing is if you use it for business, you can write the payment off. Also, you can get a $60k truck for 500 a month.

·
606 Posts
If you really want to make payments and not own, then leasing is the way to go. Most leases, have a buy out at the end of the contract, if you change your mind.

·
79 Posts
One thing to watch out for is that if you go over the allotted mileage during the lease period it can really cost you. I've heard that some costs can be as high as a buck a mile. I leased a truck about 10 years ago. At the end of the lease period I wanted to buy it for the amount quoted on the lease contract, around 10,000. It turned out that this is an ESTIMATED buyout and they actually wanted to sell me the truck $14,000. Just make sure you look over the lease contract really well and understand what you're signing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had a few leases over the years. Not sure I would do so again. Think of an auto lease as a balloon loan. Small payments for the four or five year term, then a significant last payment.

Sure your monthly payments will be much lower than a conventional loan, but you will always be upside on your value. If there is any chance you may want to refinance the lease or trade-in the vehicle, know that you will take a beating.

Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts