The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
PSD addict!
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I've finnaly moved up to a '08 6.4 from the many 7.3s I've had in the past. I'm not looking to make a race truck out of it but I would like to get some better mileage. Its worse than my 7.3s have been! From what I've read it sounds like the only way to make significant mpg gains is by deleting the dpf and getting a tune. I know the spartan and H&S tuners are great, but they are pretty pricey... I'm not really looking for a 500+ hp tune, I just want to delete the dpf and get some mileage out of it. Any reomendations?

Thanks,
Jason

·
PSD addict!
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked into the H&S and like that you can download tunes for free. I found the SCT for $599 at RPMoutlet. If its way the hell better I would spend the extra 60 bucks though. $1000+ is a little pricey just to get some better mpg for me though!

Jason

·
PSD addict!
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the recomendations guys... I have heard nothing but good things about innovative's tunes. Just out of curiousity, why is the livewire prefered over the x3?

Jason

·
Rollin' Coal
379 Posts
Thanks for the recomendations guys... I have heard nothing but good things about innovative's tunes. Just out of curiousity, why is the livewire prefered over the x3?

Jason
its the same price as the x3 and with livewire you get guages. so its kinda dumb to get the x3. and if you dont like the livewire just unplug it and throw it in the glove box like most ppl do haha

·
Registered
174 Posts
its the same price as the x3 and with livewire you get guages. so its kinda dumb to get the x3. and if you dont like the livewire just unplug it and throw it in the glove box like most ppl do haha
This is all we stock, same reasoning as above.... SCT needs to cut some slack on the X3 / OR tuned SF3

SCT is the best value to get the job done, even with the canned OR tunes it gets you 4-5 mpg

Rock On

·
PSD addict!
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well the livewire sounds like the way to go. Thanks for all the feedback guys.

Jason

1 - 10 of 10 Posts