The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HAHAHA, not really but just alil bit. I'm just throwing this idea around but who makes a fender flare that actually makes the wheel well bigger? i'm pretty close to maxed out.. Fronts shouldn't be a problem with bumper trimming rears are TIGHT with the 37's and a load on it..

:goodvsevil

·
194 Posts
If you want clearence without adding a lift or anymore lift then you'll have to trim your wheel wells. Once you trim them then thats when you would add the fender flares or "cut outs." I believe thats what tank did but he'll be through here to comment on that. I have fender flares on mine but they don't require me to trim anything but they also don't add more clearance either. All they do is extend my fenders out.

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right..I am looking for cut out style fender flares.. who makes those?

Ideally look stock but wider...i'm not a big fan of the type that show the mounting screws

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like bushwacker doesn't make them for our trucks.. anyone got anything else?

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts
I would think that the fender vents would get in the way of doin this. Me and another guy were talking about this at the Bash on the Bayou. I think they cut out 4in of fender, that puts it real close to the vent, plus you need room for the flare.

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
your right weaver, it is getting close.. however at the top of the arches in the front isn't the issue.. to be honest you really don't need the tops of the wells any bigger the perfect ones would have say the same mounting point at the tops and slowly taper farther out from stock until maybe 2 or 3 inches on each side is gained... does that make sense? Myabe that is how they are, i dunno.. I know tank has lots of pictures of him cuttin the chit outa his truck.. Maybe I'll shoot him a pm and see if he'll chime in.

I only have a picture of my truck right now but it seems the fronts might be nearing the lights too eh? I like the idea of big tires on such a big truck (CC LB) but i also don't wanna lift it to the sky where the wheels have nothing to even do with the wheel wells...

·
2,126 Posts
I think bushwacker is the only one who has these cutout flares, I did not realize they weren't for 08+'s though.

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah they all say up to 2007's I wonder what the big difference is? aren't the beds the same in the rear? I dunno about fronts..Could always drill right?

·
Auto's are for pansies
2,117 Posts
Call Bushwacker and see what they say. Who knows, maybe they have some, or plan to.

I called a bunch of people about fiberglass fenders a while back, Hannemann was the only ones with anything for 2008's. http://www.hannemannfiberglass.com/ The 08 they have pictured has WAY too much lift for those tires/fenders, but I think less lift and bigger tires on those fenders would look pretty good. Gonna have to get a roll pan if you do the rears or it'll look goofy with the rear bumper.

As far as being like Tank, don't be an idiot. No one wants to be like Tank. If they do, they're idiots.

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Will, I do really like the way those look.. I also agree they would be way more marketable on there web pages if they showed them with a small lift and 40's or whatever on it.. more of the icelander look. With a lift that big why the hell do you even need the fenders!?

On the Tank note, I love the guys truck but thats where I'll stop my desire to be like Tank haha

·
Texas Member
678 Posts
i already have bedsides and i am waiting on fronts to come in. i will only be running a 38" tire i think... not sure if i want 40's again.
its gonna be end of june before i can put it in the shop for install and paint. ill post up when i have it done.

Reactions: LovinPSDs

·
TDG Official Poo Flinger
5,268 Posts
I called Bushwacker a few months back,..and you're gonna have to wait a few years before "Cut-outs" are available.

BTW- Thanks...but I don't want to be me,..and anyone that does is just plain nuts!

Reactions: LovinPSDs

·
Built not bought...
72 Posts
Check out Hanneman fiberglass. Alittle bit expensive, but an option none the less. I think a complete new fender looks better than a flare anyway. I believe its a 5" flare with a 2" bigger opening.

·
12 Posts
HAHAHA, not really but just alil bit. I'm just throwing this idea around but who makes a fender flare that actually makes the wheel well bigger? i'm pretty close to maxed out.. Fronts shouldn't be a problem with bumper trimming rears are TIGHT with the 37's and a load on it..

:goodvsevil
Nice idea. I want to try my truck with a bigger fender flare . :rock

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 15 of 15 Posts