The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did a search and found some decent info but not exactly what i was lookin for. with my injectors and j/a i need a bigger turbo. the tranny is being fixed also. i know that hte 62/12 or /14 would be the best chose but money is pretty tight. would a box stock s300 (57/65/14) work pretty well. i know that they can be upgraded later that is why iam considering it. also what about the BD super B, i have heard some good feed back on it but it might be to laggy for my setup. lets hear some ideas!

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60631

A super b is a 57/65/14 and they are good for a cool 425hp. Might work okay for you but I'd personally go to a 62/65/12or14 to have a little wiggle room.

The BD Special is a 64/71/14 and is a good turbo at a good price but a little big IMO

·
165 Posts
usually pinching $$ costs more in the long run, ya you can put the s300 on your truck and it will help, but upgrading it will probably cost more than if you just bought a better turbo to start with. don't no for a fact just my opionion

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Phily 911 said:
How come no one ever brings up the ball-bearing turbos?

Are some of us having bad luck or ........
which ones are the ballbering turbo's

·
3,514 Posts
Those specifically refer to Comp wheel inducer size, ex. housing size in Cubic CM and ex. turbine diameter.
Sean

·
15 Posts
RED DRAGON said:
i did a search and found some decent info but not exactly what i was lookin for. with my injectors and j/a i need a bigger turbo. the tranny is being fixed also. i know that hte 62/12 or /14 would be the best chose but money is pretty tight.

I have a 64/14 that i am looking to sell. If you look on the for sale page you may find what you are looking for. right now i have my stock injectors in to help with the cold starts and fuel economy since fuel is 20 dollars a gallon now and its not to much to light, i think that it is pretty damn streetable vs some others that ive rode in. how much are you able to spend on one right now?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my price limit is pretty low cause i am in school right know but will go up this summer but i am also gonna have to do some tranny work. so turbo is secondary untill i get the tranny done. but if i find a smokin deal i am always up for it

·
113 Posts
my dad truck has the following dd 110 sticks, juice with attitude, an a htt 57/14 with mild built trans he makes around 435hp. the highest i have seen him get egts are about 1550 and the was pushing it hard. for around $1100 cant be it. didnt see that turbo on htt site anymore?

if it was me i would go with 62/12 that a way you would have room to grow without having to by another turbo.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts