TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes the leveling kits for the 99?

·
6,337 Posts
POWER STROKE 99 said:
Who makes the leveling kits for the 99?
I am making these, I saw them on Ebay... I think he was asking $100 or so... I can put them together for about $10 in steel!!!:Thumbup:

Attachments

·
1,291 Posts
there are a few companys that make the i hated the rough country i had road like Sh*t . I would try the DR mini packs if i can ou anythign let me know

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where do I buy the DR mini packs

·
Hotsauce2138
496 Posts
you can buy them from jeremy from lidiesel.com. he will treat you good, he's a good guy. i have the superlift leveling kit but it was a waste of money b/c it rides like sh*t. go with the DR mini packs and get some DR shocks.

just my .2

·
TDG Singles Club #120
330 Posts
HotSauce2138 said:
you can buy them from jeremy from lidiesel.com. he will treat you good, he's a good guy. i have the superlift leveling kit but it was a waste of money b/c it rides like sh*t. go with the DR mini packs and get some DR shocks.

just my .2

LINK? ALSO INTERESTED

·
TDG Singles Club #120
330 Posts
never mind, i just saw it.

·
TDG Singles Club #120
330 Posts
couldn't find the kit on the website. is it just hangers? or is it springs?

·
Hotsauce2138
496 Posts
hey suck-squeeze
my fault i meant Dave from Diabloffroad.com. sorry guys.
dave knows everything about suspensions. he will set you up with the best lift.

·
Supporting Vendor
484 Posts
We carry DR products, they are on the site but it is a little confusing, if you want prices let me know.

Dave

·
Supporting Vendor
484 Posts
SUCK-SQUEEZE-BANG-BLOW said:
couldn't find the kit on the website. is it just hangers? or is it springs?
The mini packs are these:

Attachments

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
i made mine, i made shackles and 1" blocks that are dowelled that go between the spring and axle, my truck already had an addaleaf in the front when we got it that helpd out alot.

·
0 Posts
Power Stroke said:
i made mine, i made shackles and 1" blocks that are dowelled that go between the spring and axle, my truck already had an addaleaf in the front when we got it that helpd out alot.
Please tell me that you didn't put blocks on the front of your truck?

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
yup there is a 1" block on each side

·
0 Posts
D2HP said:
The mini packs are these:
Hey Dave...I gots a question.

What are the advantages of going with these, versus trying to find some "X" code ford front springs?

Also...my truck has a bit of the "stink-bug" stance (azz in the air LOL ). I was told that if I level out the front...I will have clearance issues with my fiver. I would think it would gain me a bit more room...as I would fulcrum the rear down a bit by lifting the front a bit. Do you know of anybody that added the mini-packs and had trouble with towing?

Thanks
Dave

·
0 Posts
Power Stroke said:
yup there is a 1" block on each side
Please check with your local and state laws. Many states have now outlawed the use of front blocks for suspension lifts due to being extremely dangerous. I'm not mocking you or belittling you...far from it. I've seen pictures of the aftermath of frontblocks squirting out from the suspension after a panic turn...and it was very ugly.

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
the spring shop i got my new U bolts from had nothing bad to say about them, i definitly wouldnt go any bigger then 1" but they do the trick. they havent moved and theyve been in there for like 3000 miles. they are dowelled so they accept the dowel on the bottom of the spring and have a dowel that go into the axle so that they dont move.

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I will let you know what I think of the DR mini packs when I get them installed, I'm just waiting for them to arrive.:popcorn:

·
TDG Singles Club #120
330 Posts
D2HP said:
We carry DR products, they are on the site but it is a little confusing, if you want prices let me know.

Dave
thanks dave. prices would be great if you don't mind.

go with hangers there cheap and it wont stiffen the ride
i've used these on jeeps before and they never raise it the height they're supposed to, also with all the weight in the front end, i wouldn't want them to become a week link.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts