The Diesel Garage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've got an '02 lb7 and thinking of getting a levelling kit for it. it's got that "jacked up in the rear" look. does anyone out there know if one kit is better than others? are they hard to install? i just want to raise the front enough to even it out with the rear.:smoke

·
3,939 Posts
Do one of two things:

1) Crank your torsion bars all the way up with the keys you have right now.

2) Buy a set of 1/2 ton torsion keys (called 'green keys' for the paint splotch on them) and install those. Even sitting on the stops, they give 2" of torsion lift. They are clocked differently, and have a "higher" starting point. The only downside to this is you have no adjustability back down if its too high for your tastes.

Space the top mounts of your shocks up about 3/4" to keep the shocks in their operating range, too. Usually a stack of washers or cut piece of pipe works fine. Spacer goes between shock and lower rubber mount.

Its recommended to go and get an alignment after you mess with the torsions. Thats it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TheBac said:
Do one of two things:

1) Crank your torsion bars all the way up with the keys you have right now.

2) Buy a set of 1/2 ton torsion keys (called 'green keys' for the paint splotch on them) and install those. Even sitting on the stops, they give 2" of torsion lift. They are clocked differently, and have a "higher" starting point. The only downside to this is you have no adjustability back down if its too high for your tastes.

Space the top mounts of your shocks up about 3/4" to keep the shocks in their operating range, too. Usually a stack of washers or cut piece of pipe works fine. Spacer goes between shock and lower rubber mount.

Its recommended to go and get an alignment after you mess with the torsions. Thats it.
thanks for the input. i was thinking of cranking up the t bars.......:thanks:

·
diesel idiot
360 Posts
also make sure you dont destroy and ABS line.. a few people have done it due to backspacing issues and tire selection.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.