The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
im looking at something like the icon with the new springs and all new shocks or the rize kit with the spacers. first of all which is better and why? i dont wana screw up the ride or the alignment just to get 2 inches. so what do i need to do to do it right. also do i need an adjustable track bar? how hard are they to install? and as long as im at it . i have the stock 18" rims would nitto trail grapplers 295/70r18s fit with a leveling kit with no rub? thankss

·
Mafia member #6
1,714 Posts
Just go with a basic spring spacer,wont effect the ride one bit... Very easy also.

·
773 Posts
Icon ride better than stock and comes with alignment cams and better shocks. I'm not sure if you NEED an adjustable track bar, but I've ordered one.

Rene

·
Diesel Addict
252 Posts
I have the icon and love it. I would say go with icon

·
2008 F350 Murdered out
244 Posts
Suspensionmax.com $$$60 dollars you can not beat for front coil spaces. I have them on my truck and love them, and gives my truck an awesome stance

·
Diesel Addict
252 Posts
No, I have been looking at it but don't have it right now.

·
773 Posts

·
Diesel Addict
252 Posts
Oh so is ur front axle to one side because of it? Can you notice?
No, If it is I can't tell, but I will take a good look at it this afternoon.

·
Auto's are for pansies
2,117 Posts
Lifting the front 2" will barely draw the axle sideways at all.

I leveled mine with 2.5" pucks when I had about 800 miles on the truck, NO other adjustments. No shocks, no drop brackets, no longer brake lines, NOTHING. I drove it around to test it out, and I didn't even need an alignment. I've actually never had an alignment on my truck. I will say, though, that I dropped the axle straight down, and did both sides at once, not one at a time.

After my experience, I don't see how adding 2" would require extra parts. If you want a ride better than stock, I'd say get Icon front springs and new shocks all the way around. But if you just want it level and to ride the same, get the 2" pucks. I got mine from Autospring - $89 at my door.

·
Diesel Addict
252 Posts
I haven't had to get mine aligned yet either.

·
93 Posts
I put the 2" Daystar Spacers on my F-250, and now that its been mentioned, my axle is shifted to the drivers side a little bit. Been like this for about 20,000mi without any noticable problems.

So an adjustable trac-bar will solve this problem?

How much of a problem is it really?

·
Auto's are for pansies
2,117 Posts
The trac bar keeps the axle from moving side to side. It's attached to the frame at one end, and the axle at the other. With lifts, the angle of the dangle shifts, and thus pulls the axle sideways. An adjustable trac bar will allow you to compensate for this, thus re-centering the axle.

How much of a problem is it? Well, you've got 20k on it, I've got 65k on it, neither of us have had problems. :thumbsup

1 - 15 of 15 Posts