The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying a leveling kit but I'm not sure what type or brand to buy. IF you guys have a ideas or advice it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Mafia member #6
1,714 Posts
Try Autospring I think im gonna buy mine from there for the 11'.

·
Diesel Addict
252 Posts
I would say go with Icon. They have a really nice kit with a good ride.

Reactions: OK RHINO

·
62 Posts
i installed reddylift 2.5"pucks up front, replaced my rear blocks with 1.5" over to get it back to the stock stance. rear air bags helped too. not sure if that helps...

·
Mafia member #6
1,714 Posts
Im wondering if I should go with the 2.5" kit or stay with the 2" on a 11' F350? I want the truck level with no pre runner look.

·
2,126 Posts
Im wondering if I should go with the 2.5" kit or stay with the 2" on a 11' F350? I want the truck level with no pre runner look.
I would go with the 2" so you have an *ever so slight* rake for towing and whatnot. :peelout

·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I have been looking at the many different leveling kits out there and I still remain unsure of what kit to buy. I found this kit "BDS 2" leveling kit". It seems good and at a decent price to get 4 new shocks and the kit. Anyone have any feedback on this set-up and company?

Here is a link to their site:http://www.bds-suspension.com/kits/326H

·
Auto's are for pansies
2,117 Posts
I have the 2.5" AutoSpring pucks, they were $89 shipped to my door 2 years ago for my 2008 F-350, this year they were $79 shipped to my door. No shocks, no drop brackets, nothing, just pucks and go. It levels a F-350 great, ride is the same as stock, etc. I was happy with mine on my '08 and I'm happy with mine on my '10 too. I'd recommend them to anyone.

Reactions: OK RHINO

·
Mafia member #6
1,714 Posts
I went with the 2" Autospring kit with the shock relocation brackets,thought about the 2.5" kit but when I sit all my tool box's thats gonna add a pretty fair amount of weight so I didnt want to chance the prerunner look..

·
Built not bought...
72 Posts
IMO I guess it would depend on the ride quality u want, and amount of cash u wanta spend. I would think that on the low end of things would be a coil spacer, like a 2" from Rize ($134), or some other company. Still the stock quality ride, but a bit of a lift. Or if u wanta go with a new coil spring all together, then one like the Icon 2.5 kit ($825) would be a decent choice. Better ride quality because of the dual rate spring, and a more complete kit overall. On the high end of things would be one of the new King shocks brand of leveling systems. This is a replacement front coilover shock with an adjustment from 2"-3". Rather high dollar at $1570. But I would think the ride would be top of the line. And as far as quality, King shocks are some of the best in the world. Hope this helped alittle... Just my 2 cents...
I found all these prices on Truck Toyz Performance web site.

·
Built not bought...
72 Posts
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. As for the BDS parts, I here nothing but good stuff about them. And I think they have a lifetime unconditional warnty. Can't beat that. I have a BDS 4-link on my 05 F250 and I have no complaints. And as for ur other question about heigth. My coils are suposed to be 3", but may have sagged alittle. And I put a factory F350 block in the rear that is about 3.75" tall, verses the 2" F250 one. It still sits a hair higher in the rear, witch most people like. And I would think it would be more noticable on mine, as its a single cab. But when I put something like my welding machine in the bed, it's noticably lower out back. Probably cause I dont have over load springs. So a 2.5" lift on a double cab F350 should be fine, I think. And I would also take a look at a new track bar bracket. I realy like the one that readylift makes. Its for a 2"-3" lift and they're made of cast steal just like the OEM ones. Most people dont think they're needed on a leveling kit, but I like knowing my axle is centered. And it doesn't bumpstear when I hit a bump. On road, or off..... And like I said, hope this helped alittle...

·
TEXAS FIGHT
290 Posts
I did the Pro-Comp 2.5" front level w/ add-a-leaves out back.

Rides just fine, can fit 37"s, but run 35"s.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts