The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to a guy with a F250 and he was trying to get ford to take back his truck because of lousy MPGs. 6.5mpgs towing his toyhauler and 12mpg empty. I told him that he should have it reflashed or remove his DPF and EGR and install a tune. I said that you guys really improved your MPGs but I couldn't tell him by how much. How much did it help?:thumbsup

·
568 Posts
I haven't done it but have been hanging around here and it seems to make them equal to or better than the previous engines/trucks.

Reactions: heavyhaller

·
Spartan, True Performance
411 Posts
heavyhaller - Is the truck a F350, F450, dually, or SRW??? Also which rear-end does he have? I have been running Spartan tunes since July of 08. No problems at all with the tunes, or the truck. I've seen a 3-4 mpg increase running empty, and about 2-3 towing. Some are saying they are getting better economy than I have seen, and others have seen less. A lot of these trucks are not getting the same mileage even stock, so with that being said I would say more than likely it should help his truck. I can say for sure that it would be like driving an entirely different vehicle. The power is amazing...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts