The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
773 Posts
I'd stay away from the fabtech, I havn't heard much good about the dirtlogics. Icon has really good products and I haven't heard much bad about them, I have their leveling kit and adj. trac bar and am happy with thier quality and ride, a definite improvment over stock, I could only imagine how the coilovers would ride! I've heard that OUO is coming out with some new superduty kits that would be BAD A**. Truck toys sells them and they really knkow their stuff, although I can't remember the name of the guy I talked to. An other company to look at is Carli, I've heard rumors that they have some new things coming out soon as they only have a 4.5 coilover system right now.

Out of what you have posted, I would go with the Icon IMO.

Rene

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot man. That's what I am thinking I will do. Say I buy the kit and I eventually want to get a few more inches out of it.... Can I safely?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Carli is close to releasing a slew of new options for the 05-up Super Duties. At this point all of them will be 4.5" kits. Their new track bar design will solve the issues that guys are currently having and will be available seperate for customers that want to upgrade their current lifts. The Pure Performace lifts are built extremely solid and some of the systems use Deaver minipacks like the Carli kits to improve the ride and lessen the size of the the blocks that would need to be run. The Icon systems are aldo very nice and you cna't beat some of the products from OUO like their block setups and replacement radius arms. We are a dealer for all of the above companies. Although I do a little bit of Fabtech stuff I would go in a different direction for the money.:thumbsup

·
Built not bought...
72 Posts
When I talked to Carli the other day, the guy said that if I got the optional 3" coilover for the front that it would be taller than a 4.5" lift. Not sure how high he was talkin' but it may be worth asking about for you. The other thing he said was that the coilovers have alittle adjustment upwards. Up to around + 1.5". But I think this may make it ride alittle stiffer. I say Icon is prob what you want. But if you dont mind shoping around, maybe you could call the guys at CARLI and see what they say. I'v seen 38-13.5 toyos on a 6" kit before. So the Carli may work for you with the options they have if your not set on having a 15.5 wide tire. The wider the tire the easier it is to ware out front end parts such as ball joints also..... Just a thought.....

·
Registered
221 Posts
When I talked to Carli the other day, the guy said that if I got the optional 3" coilover for the front that it would be taller than a 4.5" lift. Not sure how high he was talkin' but it may be worth asking about for you. The other thing he said was that the coilovers have alittle adjustment upwards. Up to around + 1.5". But I think this may make it ride alittle stiffer. I say Icon is prob what you want. But if you dont mind shoping around, maybe you could call the guys at CARLI and see what they say. I'v seen 38-13.5 toyos on a 6" kit before. So the Carli may work for you with the options they have if your not set on having a 15.5 wide tire. The wider the tire the easier it is to ware out front end parts such as ball joints also..... Just a thought.....
The coilovers do have some adjustment but the more lift that you adjust into them, the less down travel you will get when you go over bumps. This can lead to a harsh feeling. The other problem is that the steering is pretty much maxed out at 4.5 inches so I wouldn't suggest going any higher than maybe another 1/2" with their kit. When you go bigger you need to change the pitman arm, and a track bar drop bracket, longer sway bar endlinks, and longer shocks.

·
101 Posts
If you have the money I would go with the 4.5 inch kit from OUO. I saw it down at truck toyz a few months ago and its awesome. Completely eliminates the upper ball joints in the front along with new mounting hardware for the front coils and all new suspension parts (new drag link, tie rods, sway bar links, new track bar ball joint). The sway bar links and drag link ends have high end spherical ball joints if I remember correctly. I think blocks, traction bars and steering stabilizers are included in the package but don't quote me. You may not be able to run 38's but I'm sure 37s would fit. Fair warning though, it's supposed to be super expensive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts