The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of Mickey Thompson Classic II's 16X12, and some BFG 35x12.5's on my truck, and suprise suprise...they rub. So, will a 2" leveling kit take care of my problem, or should I get 3"'s in the front and 1" in the back. I don't want my truck any higher than it has to be, but I do take my truck off roads some times, and I don't want my tires to bind up, and take out the plastic. As of right now parking lots stink!!!:damnit

·
4,158 Posts
Most guys just do the 2in leveling kit, and they rub just a little on the control arm, but not enough to make a big deal about.

·
HOSS PERFORMANCE
248 Posts
if it is rubbing on the control arm the lift will not matter if it was a 2" or 3"

·
HOSS PERFORMANCE
248 Posts
if you do the 3 inch they suggest to do shocks and pitman arm and maybe control arms

·
3,514 Posts
2in should be fine. I've never heard of them rubbing with a that. with the 3inch springs and a 1 inch in the rear, I've seen trucks clear 37's with out rubbing. and on a third gen with the 2inch, and 35's there is still room to go. So I would just do the spacers. you can Buy them on ebay for $70, those are the ones I have and they work fine.
Sean

1 - 5 of 5 Posts