The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
TDG SinglesClub Member#90
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 F-350 CC with an 8ft bed. I am thinking about putting a lift kit on it. Wheres the best place to get lift kits? Im thinking around a 4" or so.

thanks

·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
doing it myself

·
2,334 Posts
you can search around on the internet and usually find pretty good deals.. lifts arent really that hard to install yourself with all the right tools. ask in the vendors forum they can prolly help you

·
3,514 Posts
Skymanufacturing. Buy a Shackle Reverse kit for the front, which you can get in 3 or 5 inch, and a shackle flip kit for the rear which is 4.5" These things are really cheap, and will greatly increase ride quality Vs. lift springs or blocks. The Shackle Reverse Kit is Like $450 and the Flip Kit is $150. Buy a drop pitman arm for $65 and all your steering will work just fine. You'll be able to clear 37's, and your ride will be much smoother.

We are doing this plus 6-8" lift springs on my brothers truck, so its gonna be big, but it should still ride smooth. The stock shackle set up sucks on Fords and many trucks. If you can do the Fab work yourself, you can flip your stock shackle hangers yourself and save $150. We just did that on my friends dodge and it improved ride quality more than I expected.

http://www.sky-manufacturing.com/ford1.htm
Sean

·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
awesome, thanks. I will look into that setup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts