The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my K&N cold air intake installed and took it for a quick run down the road.

I have a BD low fuel pressure light installed. When I hit the fuel the the light came on. I did notice that it did blink when I started the truck. It was only coming on when I was at 40 and smashed the pedal to the floor. The light should come on after if the fuel pressure is 5 psi or lower. If I was doing a casual roll on it would not come on. September of last year I put in a new Lift pump and injection pump. I checked the codes and there are no codes.

Please give me some advice. Thank you. New lift pump?

·
1,189 Posts
sounds like it's on it's way out.. Do yourself a favor and spend the cash to start on an airdog or simialr pump. I went holley blue and my first one died just under a year of use. It's something with the electronics on mine. I took it apart and cleaned it like instructions stated and no change it wont spin unless I hit it with the rubber mallet. at 120 a pop a year you pay for a lifetime pump pretty quick

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
hdnaqha said:
I have a BD low fuel pressure light installed. The light should come on after if the fuel pressure is 5 psi or lower.
Not good enough... That is too late pump damage is already done...:damnit

MINIMUM FUEL PRESSURE AT WIDE THROTTLE IS 10 PSI

You need a fuel pressure gauge a low pressure light at 10 PSI not 5 PSI...​

So you VP44 is already taking a beating...:damnit

Air Dog 150 is the way to go it worth every penny... Talk to GOS performance they are a sponsor on the site here!

My write up...
http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/2002-dodge/bombs/airdog-150/airdog_150.htm

http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/2002-dodge/bombs/airdog-150/airdog-150-links.htm

·
Registered
86 Posts
do the air dog or fass fuel bypass system... and totally get rid of this

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
You definatley need to get a lift pump, and that's even if yours is good. You can replace the fuel filter and see what happens, depending on were the sensor was located it can also indicate restricted fuel filter.

·
127 Posts
i just installed the raptor 150 pump and it works great i have 18psi and it dont pull it down at bit at WOT, but dont make the mistake i did , if your truck has the in tank lift pump, but a draw straw kit or your be there all night trying to get it to run and it wont

·
Registered
54 Posts
You cant go wrong with either a Fass or Airdog. I personally prefer the FASS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts