The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Guys I thought I knew whitch way to go ...buy know I have some questions for you. I was going with a Rough Country 3 inch lift ($500.00 it has a 1 inch block). Moto metal 951 18 inch rims ($225.00 each). Cooper Discovery SST 35 inch ($315.00 each). Rough Country Dual steering Stabilizer. After talking to a few guys thay said I would not be happy with the lift. (bad ride and that the Rough Country is the bottom end lift). They said to go with a sky jacker system and upgrade to new rear springs (not the blocks). So I would like a 6 inch lift but I think 4 or 3 inch with 35 inch tires will be better. I do pull a 36 foot pull behind camper, so that is why I doint think the 6 inch will be the way to go. so this all being said I am looking a good ride and safe to pull the 10K pound pull behind camper. I am open for ideas and opinions on Lift, and tires....oh and this is my daily driver. Thanks

·
246 Posts
I think your wheel and tire choice is fine. But, I know you can find nice wheels for cheaper if you search around for clearances and sales. Regarding the lift, based on the price ranges you listed I would say that you should invest a bit more money and go with a BDS 4" or BDS 6" basic lift. The 4" can be had for about a thousand bucks. The 6" is only a couple hundred more.

Regarding the rear, you don't need to change out the springs. Just put in a larger block, and then add some air bags if they're needed. I went with an add-a-leaf instead of bags, though, and I love it ...

Reactions: dwoz2012

·
212 Posts
I have a 6" Skyjacker lift with Nitro 8000 series shocks and blocks in the rear. The truck rides better than it did stock...unfortunately...I don't pull that much weight with it.

·
Texas Member
678 Posts

·
773 Posts
What he said^^^ Go with the 4.5 and you wont be disapointed.

·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update... I have ordered the 4 inch skyjacker, I did want to go more but think it would be better to only go 4 inches for pulling the travel trailer. Now still up in the air about the wheel and tires, I do think I want to go with 35 inch tire with 18 inch wheels. Any input or thoughts would help. I know when the lift comes in I will want to get the truck on the lift and get it put on. Thanks guys

·
212 Posts
I must say I am partial to the set of Toyo MT's I have. They are a great tire with aggressive looks, perform in all elements, and the road noise isn't as bad as the Mickey Thompson MTZ's I had on my '04.

·
102 Posts
i definatley agree with the toyo mt's best tire i have ever had i have about 40k on them and still have plenty of meat left also they are not as loud as you would think they are!!! good luck

·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update... I have ordered the 4 inch skyjacker, I did want to go more but think it would be better to only go 4 inches for pulling the travel trailer. Now still up in the air about the wheel and tires, I do think I want to go with 35 inch tire with 18 inch wheels. Any input or thoughts would help. I know when the lift comes in I will want to get the truck on the lift and get it put on. Thanks guys

USP has broke both rear springs...I am so ready to put my lift, tires, and tires on. Whenever I get my rear springs I will post pics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts