The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 F250 8" Fabtech Radius Arm lift. Replaced both drag link and drag link end twice (rusted in pic) (still rusted even after painting with anti rust). Maybe the popping is because of the Trac bar. Its annoying. I only drive my truck when i absolutely have to right now because it pops so much. I hate to take it to a shop because i don't know any reputible enough around here in Virginia Beach VA. Need some advice. Losing my mind. Thought about replacing whole lift with an Icon 4.5" or going all the way back down to factory with a leveling kit. I've even thought about saleing the damn thing but I hate to sale anything that makes noise like it does. I love the truck. Just can't stand the popping cause I know somethings wrong. I replaced the drag link end a few months ago and it stopped popping for about 1000 miles and then it came right back and was worse then before. I hate lateral body jmovement too. I think it comes down to the trac bar. It doesn't look like the trac bar relocation bracket drops it down enough.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x71/munsinger274/Kelly/DSCF0034.jpg

Need Help and Advice!:bang

·
518 Posts
can you post up a front view pic also?

may try giving the guys at truck toyz a call.......they are the experts and are always willing to help........try and get marty on the phone

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spatel awesome lookin truck. Nice simple and clean. Just enough of everything. I'll take a pic later and put it on. I assume you mean to show the full trac bar and drag link.

Reactions: Spatel23

·
2,183 Posts
is it popping when you turn sharp or hit bumps? I had that issue a while back and need a new track bar. The whole bracket was moving when i turned the wheels

·
518 Posts
I think 02Shoot is on the right track.........

you may even try taking a video of it while someone is turning the wheel and send it to Marty

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It'll pop either way. If you do anything with the truck you can pretty much expect it to pop. I do think that part of the reason is the trac bar but is there anyway I can tell before replacing it? And to help prevent this again. There are ALOT of lifted trucks on here and I haven't heard of any except one now having this problem.

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
If its popping that much and that often you should be able to find it when laying on the ground and your buddy moving it. You can mark it with something removable like chalk to try and see whats moving...

Has the truck always made this noise? or soemthing that jsut started?

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Definately hasn't always made the noise. And I've layed underneath it and its hard to find exactly what it is popping. It won't pop if we just sit there and turn the tire without the truck moving. But if its rolling and the body flexes even a little then it pops. The only way we can get it to pop and try and track it down is if my buddys lets the truck roll with idle rpms and then slaps the break. Then it sounds like metal to metal like a bad radius arm bushing and it feels like it too. But hard to really tell. I have a lot of body movement went turning. If you watch the front of the truck the driver sides dips down when turning to the right and goes up when turning to the left. Alot of lateral movement and i think it has to do with how bad the geometry is off between the Draglink and the Trac bar.

·
86 Posts
Have you re checked all the nuts and bolts again on the lift. Check for rust around the bolts too cause that could be a sigh of something being loose.Good luck.

·
Auto's are for pansies
2,117 Posts
Two things that catch my attention from the writing and the one picture:

1) Trac bar angle. Looks like it's still a high angle, even with the drop bracket (most lifted trucks still have high angles, though). I can't tell if the bar is bent at the passenger side either. Is it the stock trac bar? Has the length been adjusted any?
2) Control/Radius Arm Drop. Who installed the drop brackets? Did you re-use the stock bushings? Did it come with new ones?

A little more info and I can start guessing. :D

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought the truck with the lift and have no idea if the used the factory bushings or they used new ones. The trac bar as far as I know and it looks its still factory has not been lengthend. Trac bar is bent on passenger side but i'm certain all of them are like that. The angles are pretty severe but most kits I see usually address this by now. I know that this was an early build truck and had the lift installed with 300 miles on it so maybe Fabtech at the time hadn't addressed it or did account for the trac bar drop bracket not being low enough. Not real certain. But I went and drove a 2011 F250 today and I miss the way my truck use to feel. I shouldn't have test drove it but was just driving by. Now I want a new truck:wtf:toytruck

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Ok so I've decided what I'm going to do. 4.5" Icon 4-Link lift, Traction bars, 35" Mickey Thompson Radial ATZ, 20" XD wheels, MBRP 5" exaust filter back with 6" tip, Flo-Pro 4" Downpipe, Rhino line bed, Tint windows, Rhino line bottom quarter of truck body, Powder coat XD Wheels black, Audio system (simple), 310 Spartan with TCM. All I can think of on the fly right now. I'm also going to go a head and replace the drag link and drag link end since I already have the spares. Also getting ride of the factory step bars. Painting front grille black and side vents black. Funny how things work out. I will have the 8" Lift for sale once I get done with installing the new lift. I will make sure that all bushings are good to go and have it repainted and inspected. I also have 2 chrome 6" Mitre cut stacks for sale that have never been used. Completely flawless. If anyone is interested then you can PM me or email me at [email protected]. Thanks for everyones help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts