The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99, I am wanting to put a lift on my truck, I dont know how big. I just got back from the dunes and saw so many nice fords out there with huge lifts. For the price there is a little difference in a six inch and a four inch, But i also look it as if I am going to spend that money I am going to go all out. Does anybody have any pics of a six inch on a ford and a four inch. And how big of tires can you put on with each size?

·
TDG Singles Club #120
330 Posts
also interested

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a 01 F-250 and installed a 4in. SkyJacker kit. I spent the extra money and bought spring packs for all 4 corners. I have 35's on the truck and they rubbed a bit when they were brand new when the steering was all the way against the bump stops and I compressed the suspension. 30,000 miles later and in need of a new set of rubber they don't rub at all. I had to cut the front valance so it is even with the end of the bumper, but that is it.
The kit went on smooth, its not the cheapest, but you get what you pay for! Good luck

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
id go with a 6" donahoe racing system aka DR (the DR deavers are the best riding springs out there). If you dont want the 6" (which you will after the lift is on for a month) go for some 4.5" DR hangers or the like.
if you dont get a DR kit make sure you junk the white bodies that come with your lift and get some billies (5100s), they will help out 1000%. youll also want an adjustable trac bar for the 6" (would be nice on the 4")

let me know if you have any questions, ill be happy to give ya a hand.

·
Registered
325 Posts
here is some lift kit pictures, there is SEVERAL superduties mixed in there.... and these guys have good prices and will do you right also

my personal preference with lifts is skyjacker

http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/gallery_ford.htm

a old half ton i built a while back is on there as well (the black 99 from milledgeville)

·
6,337 Posts
I love my Revtek, it has sagged a little but. 4" with 37's

Attachments

·
Dec. Truck Of the Month!!
264 Posts
Look to your left at my avatar. That is a 4" with 35's. Superlift that ended up closer to 5". Rides better than stock.

Louie

·
Registered
171 Posts
Look in the link in my sig.... 6" BDS w/ 37x13.50 Toyo MTs. Extened steering stop and cut front valance. I'd go DR or BDS. BDS is a rougher ride than DR but cheaper, and IMO as strong a system as DR.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ran a 6 inch lift with 35 inch tires, here is a couple pics of it..... http://community.webshots.com/user/npentzer
had a buddy who ran the same lift with 37 inch tires and it looked good also.
I have recently converted truck back to stock, now lift is sitting on the garage floor very lonely.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts