·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
i know the v8 cummins is 5.6L 300hp and the v6 is 270hp

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea, it's 5.6 and 4.2 made by cummins, i suspect they might hook it up to the new hybrid trans GM and dodge are sharing. The 4.2 is for the light duty trucks and the 5.6 i heard is for the 3/4ton and 1 ton but this is just rumors.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
5.6 v8 is also for the 1500's

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
They better not take away the I6 or there's going to be a lot of P***ed off people including me. I guess they could offer the option of I6 or V8.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
cummins_power said:
They better not take away the I6 or there's going to be a lot of P***ed off people including me. I guess they could offer the option of I6 or V8.
Not to worry my friend, the good old 6.7L is still the heavy duty offering in the 3/4 and 1 tons, the v-8 is kind of like the Hemi(but with alot more torque), its just for those guys who dont need that monster I6, im guessing it will be a cheaper option than the I6 though, good for having a light truck with lots o' power:smoke

·
99 Posts
I'm waiting for these new 1500 rams with v cummins to hit the lots. I want to test drive one and see how it does. I'd rather have an inline in a 3/4 ton or bigger pickup but that v engine in a half ton might be a fun toy to have when the aftermarket/programming comes around to waking them up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts