The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My interior dome light is staying on and my "Door Ajar" light is staying on in my 1999. What can I do to fix this problem? My next question is the cargo lights bulbs are out, does this have anything to do with the dash light staying on?

·
Mafia Member #93
695 Posts
Spray some WD-40 in all the door latches, it workes every time!

·
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did that earlier in the night and the light still stays on. I sprayed the latch in the door and on the door jam. Anything else that I need to do?

·
160 Posts
There's a door switch acting up. If spraying lube into all the door latches and open/ closing them multiple times doesnt help, then you'll need to figure out which switch it is and replace it. The only way I can think of doing that would be to unplug them one at a time and see when the light goes out.

·
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How would I do that? Where are the switches located?

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
they are located in the outside door latches, u have to take the door panel off to get to the switch.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I've got the same problem starting today and was searching for some help. Light on dash stays on as if a door is open and dome light stays on. I'll try the WD-40 as a first step.

·
Registered
333 Posts
:givemebeer
Thanks again to this forum for another quick fix to an otherwise evasive problem. I tried the WD-40 and no more problem.

·
442 Posts
This site is great.

I have the same problem just never got around making a thread. Going to try this today.

Thanks,

Brendon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts