The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
running bully dog tune b/t 100 hp and 150 hp with minimal load, no cat and 4" exhaust. i'm guessing i will be needing some tranny work done just not sure what will be necessary. on occasion we will be pulling a horse trailer or a snowmobile trailer but not often. 20k very nicely treated.

·
Wants more boost
8 Posts
Start saving your pennies. I tore mine up with less than that. Predator on 85 for about 5 months or so. Limped, then did the 65 hp thing, limped again about a year later.
Finally bit the bullet, put a Suncoast in it. Love it. Great mod.
Don't tow with that big of a tune in it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know this is a dumb question but how do you know if you limp your tranny is there a idot light or on the command center just currious first diesel and beginning to build very slow...Thanks

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
you will know because the engine will cut its power and it will seem to be 'gutless', an engine light will come on as well

If you limped it, your gonna need some work, i say get a Suncoast stage III kit and you will be golden

Reactions: uncledust

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
you will know because the engine will cut its power and it will seem to be 'gutless', an engine light will come on as well

If you limped it, your gonna need some work, i say get a Suncoast stage III kit and you will be golden

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
Moved ;)

·
182 Posts

Also if its a trans limp due to a slippage you'll be limited to 3rd gear, the truck won't shift until you shut it down and turn it back on.

Once you limp the trans once it gets easier to limp it every time. Start saving.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts