The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone here done it or heard of it being done? I have a rize radius arm drop lift and don't like the grey color so I figured I'd get it line-x black before putting it on. Line-x will hold up much longer than powder coating but would like to get some opinions. My line-x guy says it shouldn't be a problem because you can trim line-x off with a knife if the fitment becomes tight.

·
74 Posts
Have not heard of anyone doing it...but sounds like a great idea, Good luck and keep us posted

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
The only parts I would worry about are ones that compress or "move" in any direction. radius arms and stuff like that shouldn't be a problem I wouldn't think. Only issues would be getting the bolts into the holes once it's sprayed but they would be really easy to clean out with drill bits or something of the like, especially if you wrote down all the sizes before hand

·
2,126 Posts

·
68 Posts
You sure can.... good idea! I did it to my 2006 Shadow Gray Harley. The Rize gray just didn't match very well for my taste.... As you said, it is much easier to adjust the fitment vs powder coating them if you need to.

Good luck?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts