The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the pickup re mapped to run 40psi of boost instead of 60 until I get a better drive train and keep it little more user friendly for the road. Traction is a real problem even in the higher gears as the roads here are pretty slick.

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
did you happen to notice that the steering wheel is on the wrong side? haha.

very nice. looks like it pulls really good for a 2.5l.

Garrett

·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh she pulls real well for a little diesel.
1st gear is totaly usless and 2nd seems to bog down untill the turbo spools then just spins up to quick and slams the rpm limiter, in 3rd 4th or 5th is were the truck really pulls hard and the fun starts
The tunner is looking into making 2nd a little more useable but really it needs a taller gearbox and diff

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
i know how that goes. i have 4.10s, 1st and 2nd are pretty useless for WOT unless im going to do a burnout and even then its 2nd and 3rd for that.

lets see a video of that little thing running on the street.

Garrett

·
*^%$#@&am p;am p;am p;am p;am
1,327 Posts
awesome 360hp is good for any diesel reguardless of its size

my ranger runs 3.55 diffs or some close to that

·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I have a 3.7 diff at the moment and looking at installing a 3.3.
Will do a street vid next week as I am still at work at the moment and dont pick it up until friday

·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can one of the guys that know about dynos help explain why could the dyno be showing 181 klm/h top speed yet the car showed 220 klm/h. I checked my speedo against the GPS and the speedo is about 5klm/h higher than the GPS at 150 klm/h.
Does this mean the dyno wasnt accurate ?
And can speed be used to trick the dyno into higher HP readings ?

·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess it could be as I knew they had slipping problems in the lower gears.
The truck is in the shop now getting a moster V2 DSM system put in and then will be runnig the dyno again as a base before tearing down the engine to add forged pistons and rods, also upping it to a 3 litre engine and a compound turbo set up. I think with the street tune we should see between 400 and 450 HP

·
8 Posts
If you were spinning on the dyno then your numbers are going to be off. When we have that problem we put a strap on the rearend to hold it to the ground.

·
274 Posts
high HP apps you have to use straps to pull it against the rollers. with motorcycles its not unusual even strapped to have enough whel slip to destroy a tire in 2-3 runs. damage it enough that its not a good idea to try riding on it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts