The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres a few pics of my 2.5 Ltr Chevy colorado which will be ready to run in the next couple of weeks. Expecting to see 13 sec 1/4 and still keep the car useable as a every day pick up. The tuner will be tring to tune the engine to 300hp and 700nm of torque as any more than that the standard manaul transmission and diff will have to be changed.
Mods so far
Cusco coilover suspention
Heavy duty clutch
18" nismo rims
330mm vented discs
Brembo 4 pot calipers
Custom race headers
Holeset turbo
modified turbo housing
Large intercooler
Blitz waste gate
Commonrail modified fuel pump
3" custom exshuast
Piggy back race ECU
Turbo boost cut
fuel pressure controler
Smart gauge set up.
Heres some pics.

Attachments

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
Still working on that beauty eh? :rock

·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heres a few updated pics of the truck.
The first dyno they did showed 303 hp and 620 nm of torq, but then had the fuel pump upgraded and a set of race injectors fitted, so not really sure what it is putting out now but it is dam quick. :peelout

Attachments

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
damn thats pretty sick :thumbsup

·
272 Posts
Heres a few updated pics of the truck.
The first dyno they did showed 303 hp and 620 nm of torq, but then had the fuel pump upgraded and a set of race injectors fitted, so not really sure what it is putting out now but it is dam quick. :peelout

Super sick.:woohoo

·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeh she is a sweet little truck and I am real happy with the proformance. I test drove it while they tuned it and had them de tune it a little as its still a every day drive truck and with the fuel map he had in it and running 60 psi of boost it was pretty insane.
Even now with running just 45 psi of boost and a de tuned map it spins the wheels in third at over a 100 klm/h.
The truck is back in the shop at the moment to get the front spoiler fitted and a problem I had with the intercooler hoses blowing off.
Also fitting a speed cut as it was still limited to 200 KLM/H which was a pain in the *** as you only got a couple of seconds in 5th before it would hit the limit.
Next mods will be a supra gear box and diff as the standard one will be lucky to last a month or two

·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spoke with the tuner today and expecting to dyno 380 to 400hp and over 700nm this time. Not bad for a little jap diesel.
I wonder which bit is going to let go first.
Conrods, Gearbox, Diff

·
*^%$#@&am p;am p;am p;am p;am
1,327 Posts
fricken awesome

their would be a huge market here in oz for those mods

ever thought of importing to oz?

my crd ranger is screaming to be bombed

·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Aussiedave.
Philip the guy that built my truck is a Aussie and I am sure he could arrange what ever you need.
He has a new V2 DSM kit that is suppost to be really good. I didnt buy it as the kit I bought was only a few months old. It would put your 3L some where from 220 to 250 HP

·
1,327 Posts
Aussiedave.
Philip the guy that built my truck is a Aussie and I am sure he could arrange what ever you need.
He has a new V2 DSM kit that is suppost to be really good. I didnt buy it as the kit I bought was only a few months old. It would put your 3L some where from 220 to 250 HP
ask him how much it would cost to send me that kit

is it hard to fit?

·
1,327 Posts

·
1,327 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.