The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 00 F250 PSD CC 4X4 with 35" BFGS and a 6" Fabtech lift kit. I aready have a DP tuner EDGE EVO2 with 4 " MBRP Turbo back and AFE2 intake. It also has 3.73 gears (I believe). The problem is I have a hard time holding 70 mph with a 18 ft enclosed trailer weighing 6k total. It sounds to me like the turbo starts to make a buffetting sounds if I try to push down more on the pedal. I am only seeing about 12 lbs of boost as well. Any help would be great.

Mike

·
strokin now cummin later!
1,116 Posts
turbo surge maybe:shrug:

·
Pro 2A
125 Posts
the buffetting sounds your hearing is turbo surge, it may not build any more boost because the turbo is unhappy. you may not want to hear this but the only way to get completely rid of the surge is to put on a ATS housing. I just did this on my 01 because of the same problem towing my 28 ft. enclosed

·
1,116 Posts
dang im good:givemebeer LOL
the only reason i knew was it happened to me. if your goin to put an ats housing on it be sure to put a wicked wheel on it too. might as well while your there it only $75.

·
1,116 Posts

·
463 Posts
yep surge,, i have the same setup just larger tires..and at 70 that was it..I did the wheel first and it helped alot,, but i am curently doing the new up pipes from the 6.0 so i am doing a EBPV delete and ATS housing at the same time..

·
Pro 2A
125 Posts
if you can't find one used you can get one from these guys,www.xtremediesel.com about the best price I found and free shipping

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Would it be smart to just upgrade the turbo since I might do that later anyhow? What else would I need besides an upgraded turbo?
Thanks

·
Pro 2A
125 Posts

·
1,116 Posts
yes upgraded turbo will fix it. mine has never done it again since the upgrade. mine did it bad to, it surged unloaded. personally i would go ahead and get another turbo only if you plan on upgrading in the future any how. why waste the money????

·
463 Posts
I would offer 550 for the wastegate,exhaust housing,ww and ATS as tle prices are kinda steep..

which that would be alot cheaper than a new turbo and youd have about the same thing other than ball bearings if you going that route.

·
Pro 2A
125 Posts
midwestoffroad said:
I would offer 550 for the wastegate,exhaust housing,ww and ATS as tle prices are kinda steep..
I wounder what the guy is going to do with the middle section of this assembly, maybe he could buy the whole assembly and just swap out his turbo

1 - 17 of 17 Posts