The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just traded my 03 in on a left over 08. Going to go with the DPF/cat delete. what I can't figure out is if I can have my livewire updated to the 6.4 offroad tunes. I don't have any plans for big tunes. Just want to have it run right after the deletes, and some more MPG. Are any of the delete pipes better than others?

Has anyone ran the stock size deletes with the stock cat back exhaust? Does it cool enough? Do these motors run hot anyways? I would like to run the stock cat back and then put a nice tip on it.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just traded my 03 in on a left over 08. Going to go with the DPF/cat delete. what I can't figure out is if I can have my livewire updated to the 6.4 offroad tunes. I don't have any plans for big tunes. Just want to have it run right after the deletes, and some more MPG. Are any of the delete pipes better than others?

Has anyone ran the stock size deletes with the stock cat back exhaust? Does it cool enough? Do these motors run hot anyways? I would like to run the stock cat back and then put a nice tip on it.

Thanks for the help
Not sure on the livewire(contact sct tech support)... I did a full delete. CAT and DPF with a 4'' delete pipe. then did a 4'' dpf back MBRP exhaust system, its not bad for the money. I am very happy with it.... www.dpfdeletekits.com :happymugs

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yes you can, it will cost you some cash (few hundred) and you'll have to send the livewire to SCT for them to make the changes.

·
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks like I have a buyer for it at a decent price. Now I just need to decide on a new livewire or the dash daq. I really like the dash daq, but its a lot to spend. Might need to wait untill I atleast pay the first payment on the truck. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
639 Posts
looks like I have a buyer for it at a decent price. Now I just need to decide on a new livewire or the dash daq. I really like the dash daq, but its a lot to spend. Might need to wait untill I atleast pay the first payment on the truck. Thanks for the help
Yeah the dashdaq is more money..but its MUCH better...night an day difference what it can do...also with the dashdaq you can/will be running the Spartan tunes and IMO...I have tried most all...they are the best.

·
cool as december
1,032 Posts
Plus if your truck doesnt have gps you can add it to the dashdaq for a reasonable fee and keep the dash uncluttered and have it all on one "unit"

Dash daq is a way cool tool and you can do so much with it its unreal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts