The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I Wanna Go Fast!
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i let my truck idle the tranny temp will read like 400 something on my livewire and then just continues to go up and down while driving, the dash guage never moves. Could it be a bad temp sensor in tranny.
Thanks
Brent.

·
2,951 Posts
brentos said:
If i let my truck idle the tranny temp will read like 400 something on my livewire and then just continues to go up and down while driving, the dash guage never moves. Could it be a bad temp sensor in tranny.
Thanks
Brent.
400 tranny temp:shrug: ??????????

·
TDG Single Club Member#14
1,086 Posts
have you updated the firmware? My tranny temp is reading dead on with my electric autometer gauge.

·
2,035 Posts
I actually have an ISSPRO gauge right now that's doing the same thing. Within 10 seconds of cranking it will read as high as 250 degrees. I can pop the throttle a few times and she'll drop back down. When driving it just spikes up and down all over the place...it never reads right. I have no clue what's wrong with mine, but you are not alone.

·
2,951 Posts
I've only had the insight for a month now but have never had that happen to me. I wonder why you guys are getting the spike in temp:shrug: .

·
2,035 Posts
Mine is not a spike...it's more like it jumps from 130 to 250 non-stop. I know the temp is greater than 130 and way less than 250...

·
2,821 Posts
Those with gauges, I had my Transmission Temperature Gauge flake out on me a while back plowing and when I checked, the connector near the Temperature Probe on the Transmissions was loose. I pulled it apart, checked it, and re-connected it with no issues. Once the weather breaks I am going to pull it apart and put some dielectric grease on it. Just a thought, Chris

·
172 Posts
just a side note but your dash gauge aint gonna move until your tranny ACTUALLY is 400* and blown to pieces :damnit

·
I Wanna Go Fast!
4,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nhill2090 said:
just a side note but your dash gauge aint gonna move until your tranny ACTUALLY is 400* and blown to pieces :damnit
I know that dufis but if the temp sensor was acting up it would probably move the factory gauge to like some of the other guys on here were having trouble with. Why dont you just stop posting on anything that i do so you stop pissing me off.
Any hoo thanks for the responses guys
Also were is the sensor connector at?
Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts